Sunday, April 6, 2014

Something to Smile About (CPC Crossover Challenge)


I have a big smile on my face, because I have some news that I think will interest you.  We have something new going on at Child's Play Challenges this month.  It's a crossover event with ScrapStuffz "Inspired by" Challenges, and prizes are up for grabs!

~inspiration image from Child's Play Challenges~

As usual, Child's Play is providing you with an inspiration image.  This time it is the photo you see above, which depicts sand art.

~sketch from ScrapStuffz~

In addition to using the "sand art" inspiration photo as a jumping off point, challenge participants also must use this lovely sketch from ScrapStuffz.  If you take part in this challenge, you can link your layout up to both Child's Play and ScrapStuffz, which will double your chances of winning!

Supplies: green cardstock from Wausau paper; blue cardstock from Bazzill; chevron paper from American Crafts; text-print paper from Crate; all other paper from Bella Blvd; bookplate & circular frame stickers from Basic Grey; heart sticker & chevron border sticker from Bo Bunny; shamrock sticker negatives from Hallmark; all other stickers from Echo Park; "Stickles" glitter from Ranger; ink from Hero Arts; pen from Zig; rhinestones from Dee's Place; chipboard trefoil upcycled from a box of Girl Scout cookies.

Above, you see my interpretation of the challenge.  It's a light-hearted page documenting my happiness at receiving the gift of Girl Scout cookies from my family.  I loved the sketch, and I followed it pretty faithfully.


The "sand art" image made me think of glitter, since glitter and sand both have a similar grainy quality.  I recycled the negative portion of a St. Patrick's Day sticker sheet to make shamrock stencils, which I used to apply green "Stickles" glitter here and there on my layout.


Well, I guess that with this post I've either made you hungry for cookies or inspired to play along with the Child's Play/ScrapStuffz challenge.  Maybe both.  :)  If you upload your challenge entry to the Child's Play blog, you'll be eligible to win the two packs of October Afternoon flair badges pictured below.  Man, I wish I could enter...OA is one of my favorite manufacturers, and I'd love to win those "Tin Pins!"  Alas, the winner shall not be me...but it could be you.  :)


ScrapStuffz also has a prize to offer.  If you upload your challenge entry to the ScrapStuffz blog, you could win a 6x6" paper pad (pictured below) from Simple Stories.  This is another great prize that I wish I could win.  But since I know that's not possible, I'll simply wish you good luck, instead.  Happy crafting!  :)


8 comments:

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Дениз, такая радостная страничка!!! просто прелесть! столько интересных деталек...)Здорово!!!
Wow!Denise, this joyful Page! just lovely! so many interesting details ...)

Mary Jo said...

Super cute page!!

Patricia said...

very colorful page.. the cookies look good !!!

Dani Cristina said...

Perfect designs and composition ... love your LO!!

scrapbookertink said...

Great layout, love the challenge prompt x

Dana Tatar said...

Super fun page! I love how you upcycled the cookie box! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful layout, Denise! You've definitely left me hungry for a Thin Mint. :)

Denise van Deventer said...

Really love this Cookie Day page....it's a fabulous design and love all the bits you used! The photo's are super, sweet too! Definite favourite for me! ;-)