Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hi, everyone!  Thanks for all your kind comments on my last post.  A few people even said that they liked the shirt I was wearing in my photo, which was a nice surprise.  I realized that I had not yet scrapped that photo, so I got to work on it, and this is the result...

Supplies: background paper from Carolee's Creations; vellum from Studio Calico; button, die cut arrow, spray mist, rubber frame, & all other paper from October Afternoon; tulle from Wyla; thread from DMC; sticker from My Mind's Eye; rubber stamp & paper rosebud from We Call Her Happydaks etsy; stamping ink from Stampology; Candi dots from Craftwork; rhinestones from Beads by Dee; household paper clips and pencil.

I'm entering this page in the April Berry71Bleu challenge, since I made the big tulle flower myself.
 
~April Berry71Bleu mood board~

My hand-sewn flower is frilly, pouffy, and dimensional, but it will still flatten out enough to slide into a page protector.


As far as other details on my page go, I used a lot of camera imagery...
 



...and I combined embellishments with a variety of textures, including thread, rubber, vellum, metal, plastic, cardstock, etc.
 



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a light delicate feeling to this scrapbook page Denise. Makes me think of the perfect Spring day, which is great because the current weather has me thinking other not so nice things right now.

Halle said...

Lovely page...the camera elements work so together .

Halle said...

Quick draw hit send too soon....I meant to say how much I love the tule flower as well!!

Unknown said...

I love the tulle flower Denise! The pictures are awesome! Great job!! Thanks for playing with us at berry71bleu!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Bright, happy and super page Denise! That pink flower is really beautiful! The photo's precious too....
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Чудесная страничка Дениз!!!замечательно передает настроение прекрасного дня!

Tusia Lech said...

Beautiful handmade flower and your layout is filled with such a joy!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely page Denise. I live the tulle flower and the bits of bling.

Svjetlana said...

Gorgeous page, love your tulle flower.

Unknown said...

The tulle flower is lovely! Such a cheerful, uplifting page! Beautiful and thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!