Saturday, April 12, 2014

Monochromatic Mother's Day Card {Cupcake Inspirations}

Supplies: cardstock from Bazzill; patterned paper from Vintage Street Market; Candi from Craftwork; resin roses from We Call Her Happydaks etsy; mouse stamp from PSX; sentiment stamps from Lawn Fawn; ink from Clearsnap; chalk from Stampin' Up.

Good morning!  I just have a quick card share today.  It's a monochromatic card, inspired by this week's challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.  I tried to capture the effect from the photo, with each layer of the cake/card getting progressively lighter.  And of course the lightest layer had to be roses.  :)


I didn't have many supplies in this pinkish-purple color scheme, so I improvised, stamping my background cardstock with a cardboard tube and making stars with an old punch card.


This image is a combination of five stamps: the mouse, "happy," "mother's," "day," and "!"  It was a fun challenge to get all the stamps lined up just right, and I'll admit that it took me a few tries to get it right.  Once I was happy with the stamped image, I highlighted key areas with chalk.


That's all for today.  See you again soon!


 ETA: I made "Sweet Six" (Top 6) again.  Thanks, CI!

8 comments:

Nance said...

A very sweet and pretty Mom's Day card! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Hope to see you again! Nance, DT

Carol L said...

What a monochromatic beauty! I love how you created the background with a cardboard tube & stars! Looks wonderful!

Patricia said...

so adorable This card is a gelly !

Aline Fonseca said...

Hi, Denise!
Thanks very much!
Oh, how cute is that? Lovely card!
XOXO

Denise van Deventer said...

Love your sweet card Denise...that little stamped image is just so sweet! Love the fresh pinks! ;-)

Mary Jo said...

cute card!
Love those little resin roses!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Wow! This is such a gorgeous card, Denise! I love how you used Cupcake Inspirations, too! So creative and beautiful!!!

Sandy Ang said...

how sweet !