Friday, March 28, 2014

A Lucky Find

Do your family members have any opinions about your scrapbooking?  Though my son usually has little to say about my pages, he recently came to me with a special request.  He wants me to do more pages about our cats.  I am happy to oblige.

Supplies: patterned papers from KaiserCraft; notebook papers from Cachet; mists from October Afternoon; stamp from Paper Inspirations; green ink from Hero Arts; gold ink from Tsukineko; pens from Zig; green staples from Target; ribbons from Scrapbook Fantasies; doilies and metal embellishments from We Call Her Happydaks etsy; thread from DMC; corner punch from Creative Memories.

The page above, entitled "Lucky Find," is about Shadow, the homeless kitty that my husband rescued from an animal shelter.  Shadow is no longer with us, but she brought fourteen years of love and happiness to our family.  She was definitely a lucky find!


I based my page on the March 15 sketch from "Stuck?! Sketches."  I also used the threefold criteria from Berry71Bleu's "Luck of the Irish" challenge: to use a lot of green, include the word "lucky" and add lace/doilies.  Here are a couple detail shots:

To get the doily look behind the photo, I misted over a large metal charm.  I love repurposing household objects as stencils and masks!

I thought the metal charm in the center of my layout resembled a clover.  If a 4-leaf clover is lucky, then a 5-leaf clover (like my charm) must be really, really lucky, right?  :)

The color green has been on my mind for awhile now, because of St. Patrick's Day.  It was fun to finally make a green layout, just in the nick of time before the end of the month.  Thanks for stopping by my blog to see my "Lucky Find" today!


ETA: Yay, my page got an Honorable Mention at Berry 71 Bleu.  Thanks, Marivic & Co.!

16 comments:

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Чудесная страничка Дениз! жаль, что вашей кошки больше нет)))
Снег и у нас был 10 дней назад, теперь все растаяло, но все еще холодновато. Хотя весна в этом году наступает раньше обычного. Конечно, уже хочется лета, зима надоела, хотя была не очень суровой)))
Спасибо за отзыв! Почему у девушки маска?... я выбрала эту картинку, потому что она напоминает мне о Чернобыле (мы жили в "чернобыльской зоне" до переезда в Петербург)

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love everything about it, so glad you joined us at Stuck?!

Sandy Ross said...

I love how you misted the background! Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Denise, I think your son's request is adorable. How fabulous that he is contributing to the documentation of your family history and helping preserve the memories that are important to him at this point in his life.

Fab take on the sketch. Like all the layers and textures. Best of luck in the challenges.:)

Carol L said...

What a sweet page this is! A 5-leaf clover has to be more luck than a 4-leaf, or a shamrock - I agree!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful color combo and beautiful page.

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous page with such pretty layering! I think my family enjoys looking at our albums. Especially Erin. But I don't usually get requests.

Patricia said...

so beautiful page for a adorable cat...

Lee-Anne said...

Awww what a sweet kitty. Love your repurposing idea and the layout is really nice. Thanks for joining us at Stuck!

Cathi ONeill said...

Great kitty cat layout! Love your layers and details.

Unknown said...

Such lovely page Denise! Great job! Thank you from Berry71bleu!

Joefil said...

Beautiful layout, love the all the layering! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!

Kay F said...

Oh yes our pets always make for wonderful scrapbook subjects--both past & present pets. Such a sweet tribute to Shadow...excellent take on the challenge & thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous page! I love your use of household items! Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page Denise! Your page is certainly "green"...and you always do such a great job of recycling and upcycling! Love the sweet photo's and your layering...
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful page!