Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Year for the Books

Happy 2012, everyone!!!  I hope that this year will bring you joy, peace, and lots of good luck.

Let's talk albums.  Do you make a new album for each year?  Do you have a favorite type/brand of album?



My current favorite album is the 12x12" D-ring album from Pulp.  It is so sturdy, yet also cute.  It's handmade in the USA, and you know how I love that.  :)  Since I scrap out of order, the D-ring style is really convenient for me, allowing me to add new pages anywhere in the book and change the page order any time.  The album you see above is my in-progress 2010 album.  I try to make my scrapbooking as relaxed as possible, so I give myself up to three years to complete an album.  I'd estimate that I'm about 2/3 of the way done scrapping 2010, so I'm right on schedule to complete this album by the end of 2012.


I also like to create mini-albums for special events and gifts.  This year, I also tried something new.  I wanted to give my relatives photos from a previous Christmas.  But instead of making mini-albums, I made decorative sleeves to house the photos.  It was a quick and easy way to make a little "stocking-stuffer" type of gift.  You can see these sleeves in the photo above.  This was a good way to make use of sheets of 12x12" paper that were partially cut into but mostly still intact.  (The sleeve on the left is made with paper left over from my owl wall art project, and the sleeve on the right was made with paper left over from my October Wanderings layout.  Yay for using up papers from the stash!)  And it was fun to use the October Afternoon flags to add the year to the photo sleeves.

How are your scrapbooking projects going?  Did you create any fun end-of-the year projects?  Have you got any exciting scrapping goals for 2012?  I look forward to hearing what you're working on in the new year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you gift mini's i think they where pleased with them.
I am not going to make a album for this year wish you luck with it.
And a wonderful 21012.
byeee,Lean

Ella Swan said...

Happy New Year Denise! Wow that album looks fabulous!! I've never seen or heard of that brand before - going to look into it now - thanks for the link! Love your photo pockets too - great idea!!