Friday, January 20, 2012

You've Got Kitty Mail

Supplies: patterned papers (Authentique), stickers (Authentique), kraft cardstock (Wausau Paper), white paint (Deco Art), glitter paint (Stickles by Ranger), pens (Zig), upcycled items (corrugated cardboard, shipping label with string).

Like I said in my previous post, I'm trying to focus on happy memories of my cats.  Here's a page (above) with a cute story about Shadow.  The journaling reads: "As soon as we unpack a parcel, Shadow jumps in the empty box.  :)"   Cats can be so silly!

I recycled some actual packing materials for this layout.  I had a used shipping tag with writing on only one side, so I flipped it over to the blank side and cut it in half.  One half houses my title, and the other half serves as a journaling box.  I removed the string from the tag and used it to accent my photos.  To create the backdrop for the page, I spread a torn piece from a corrugated cardboard box (seen in the photo below) with white paint, drizzled some Stickles over the paint, and used the piece of cardboard as a background stamp.  The contrast between the torn cardboard and the fancy glitter was fun to create...talk about shabby chic!  :)  I'm entering this LO in the current Scrap for Help challenge, since I incorporated so many upcycled materials.


I'm also entering the LO in the current Authentique challenge.  I've used their January Sketch, and all my patterned papers and stickers are from Authentique.  The dotted paper and the ruler paper are from the "Gathering" collection, and the remaining papers are from the "Free Bird" series.  The mini alphabet stickers and large alphabet stickers are both from the "Glowing" collection.  I love how Authentique products have a distressed look to them--they work perfectly on a page like this.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  It's Friday--yay!  Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

jeanie g said...

Love your Kitty LO Denise. What a novel way to use the string from your packaging. Love all the inspiration here. xx

Linda said...

This is wonderful! I love the way you used the corrugated cardboard and paint. Very cool.

Patricia said...

adore this page.. like the kitty and the recycled item.. beautiful!

Unknown said...

Super cute!!!

Heather Jacob said...

this is soooooooooooooo gorgeous .... the corrugated board is delicious xoxo

Unknown said...

Cool Kitty's lovely page with a stunning background and cat's!
byeee,Lean

BabyBokChoy said...

Wonderful way to capture sweet memories of your cat!

Ella Swan said...

Aaaw this is adorable Denise! I love corrugated board & paint - 2 of my very fave things!! Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog. Seems like the Americans accept it as norm not to hear back whereas the international community take it as a bit of a slight - different "norms" perhaps - a cultural thing? - I still think that manners are tops though!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun LO, I like it!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I love how you played with the paint and I love the design too!!Thanks for playing along at SFH!!