Monday, January 2, 2012

Authentique Sketch Challenge


How is 2012 treating you so far?  Things are going well for me.  I'm excited about the new Pantone Color of the Year.  It's called Tangerine Tango, and it's a lovely bright orange, with just a hint of coral.  As soon as I saw it, it put me in mind of the Gathering collection from Authentique Paper.  I felt inspired to pull out my Gathering papers, and I created the layout that you see above.  Since I was already using Authentique products, I also used the sketch from the current sketch challenge on the Authentique blog.

This is another layout with photos from my trip to Saint Petersburg, Russia.  The title is "Spring Monastery Visit," and the journaling reads: "Hard to believe that Alexander Nevsky Monastery is only one metro stop away from the city center!  It's so quiet and peaceful there."

The papers I used for the title block and photo mats are from Authentique's Free Bird series, and the rest of the papers on the layout are all from Gathering.  The orange letter stickers are also from Gathering, and the small blue letter stickers are from Journey.


Authentique papers have such a rich texture and such detailed designs, I didn't feel like I needed to add much else to the layout.  I just added a scant few drips of ink and drabs of paint (see detail photos above).  I also inked the edges of all my paper pieces--I think you can see this particularly well in the flowers in the photo below.


It's been a cold and snowy couple of days here in Minnesota, but just looking at these bright, cheerful Authentique papers has warmed me right up.  Hope you've enjoyed looking at my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Irma said...

Hi Denise,
Thanks for your visit over at my blog!
I love this page with its bold color and those flowers! What a coincidence - I'm currently doing a cross-stitch panel with orange-red poppies as the central motif.
I see we have a lot in common as far as our intrests go ;) I'll be sure to visit you more often!
Have a great new year!

Unknown said...

Indeed the color is great so cheerful...Your Page is beautiful cool design!
byebye,Lean

Ella Swan said...

Yup Tangerine Tango sure is striking! Love this - especially the title work!!

Keshet said...

This is so pretty! I just love the vibrant colors!