Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Glimpse of Warmer Weather

We've been having unseasonably warm weather here in Minnesota for the last few days.  It does not feel like January at all.  The temperature right now is 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius)!!!  I should probably be worried about global warming, but to be honest, for the moment I'm just glad that I don't have to freeze every time I step outside.  And it's also nice not to have to worry about slippery roads, winter parking restrictions, ice dams on the roof, etc.  I'm sure that snow and cold temperatures will return soon, so I'll just enjoy the warmth and sunshine while it lasts.

Supplies: striped paper (Graphic 45), flower petal papers (October Afternoon), photo mat papers (Crate), all other patterned papers (American Crafts), journaling boxes and ticket (Echo Park), dark blue alphabet stickers (Basic Grey), light blue alphabet stickers (Creative Imaginations), mini alpha-numeric stickers (Echo Park), metal accent (October Afternoon), glittered flowers (Petaloo), decorative stickers (October Afternoon), pen (Zig).

Since the weather is crazy-warm, I thought I'd go a little crazy today and post a summer page (seen in the photo above) in the middle of winter.  These photos were taken last July in the Hosta Glade at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.

I actually used intact Petaloo flowers!  (I had been going through a phase where I detached the rhinestones from the flower centers and used them separately.)

I made my own flower by fussy cutting this paper, and adding an October Afternoon "tin pin" in the center.

I did a lot of fussy-cutting for this page.  The process was pretty relaxing.

Hope that your days will be filled with sunshine and blue skies!

1 comment:

Ella Swan said...

Oh my those photos are beautiful - I would love the Hosta Glade too - nothing so beautiful here - just lots of concrete! I had to laugh at your temperatures - if it was 10degrees C here I would be complaining - BIG TIME - that I was freezing! Temps are in the 30s here now & will soon be in the 40s (C) - when we get to 10 that's the middle of winter LOL!!