Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Card (SOS)

This is my second post for the day.  (The first one was my OUAS March entry.)  The two posts are unrelated, except that they both incorporate pieces of green doilies.  These doilies are actually shamrock doilies from St. Patrick's Day, but they are "in disguise," since neither of my projects is actually about St. Paddy's Day.  :)

The post you're reading now is my entry for the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash (SOS).  The task is to create a spring-themed card.  We're still covered in snow here in Minnesota, so creating a card with bunnies, flowers, clovers, and pastel colors has really brightened my mood!

Supplies: tag & papers (striped, text, & turquoise floral) by October Afternoon; stickers & papers (purple & pink florals) by Bella Blvd; scalloped circle die & cutting machine by Ellison; doilies by Royal Consumer Products; thread by DMC; vintage playing card from Olla Podrida; Distress Stain by Ranger.

I cut my card so that the top flap is just a bit shorter than the bottom flap, thus revealing the striped pattern that is inside the card.  I glued a journaling card to the striped paper, to provide a writing surface.

Additional supplies for inside of card: journaling spot by October Afternoon.

As the name implies, Shopping Our Stash inspires crafters to use up their "stash" of older supplies.  Here are the items from my stash that I used in creating this card:
  • I originally die cut the scalloped circle for a different project last year, but ended up not using it...until now!
  • All of the October Afternoon products are *years* old (though still timelessly charming in my opinion)
  • The Bella Blvd products are from last year's "Sunshine & Happiness" line.
  • The DMC embroidery thread is left over from my cross-stitching days.
  • The tiny green doilies were trimmed from the larger doilies that I used in my last layout.  Since the doilies on the layout are tucked behind the photo on that page, you can't see that there are pieces missing from them.  :)
I had a lot of fun making this card, and I hope it brought a lot of "spring cheer" to you!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute Easter card!

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty card! I love the bright colors. We could use a little Spring here. We are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Stunning card you have made!
byebye,lean

Patricia said...

so funny card!!!

jeanie g said...

Love your bright and sunny Easter card Denise. We have snow too here in the UK. Thank you for your comment on my SFH post too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is adorable!! I loveeeeee the colors and the bunnies!!!

Naiara said...

Thanks for the stopping in my blog!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely adorable card for spring! I am happy that it brightened your mood, too! Funny how crafting can co that to you! Your card is awesome!

Carol L said...

It's beautiful how you put this card together with all those great elements! The inside is fabulous too! NJ!

lauren bergold said...

what a bright and cheerful card, who would not smile to see this in their mailbox! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (easter!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Denise van Deventer said...

Soo vibrant and colourful...great job with your card! ;-)

Jessi Fogan said...

You have got to love being able to incorporate scraps like that - who needs the whole doily when only part will peek out? Super cute image too! So glad you could play with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

Sandy Ang said...

it's such a fun and cute card !

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

How cute is this spring card! Love the bunnies :)