The post you're reading now is my entry for the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash (SOS). The task is to create a spring-themed card. We're still covered in snow here in Minnesota, so creating a card with bunnies, flowers, clovers, and pastel colors has really brightened my mood!
|Supplies: tag & papers (striped, text, & turquoise floral) by October Afternoon; stickers & papers (purple & pink florals) by Bella Blvd; scalloped circle die & cutting machine by Ellison; doilies by Royal Consumer Products; thread by DMC; vintage playing card from Olla Podrida; Distress Stain by Ranger.|
I cut my card so that the top flap is just a bit shorter than the bottom flap, thus revealing the striped pattern that is inside the card. I glued a journaling card to the striped paper, to provide a writing surface.
|Additional supplies for inside of card: journaling spot by October Afternoon.|
As the name implies, Shopping Our Stash inspires crafters to use up their "stash" of older supplies. Here are the items from my stash that I used in creating this card:
- I originally die cut the scalloped circle for a different project last year, but ended up not using it...until now!
- All of the October Afternoon products are *years* old (though still timelessly charming in my opinion).
- The Bella Blvd products are from last year's "Sunshine & Happiness" line.
- The DMC embroidery thread is left over from my cross-stitching days.
- The tiny green doilies were trimmed from the larger doilies that I used in my last layout. Since the doilies on the layout are tucked behind the photo on that page, you can't see that there are pieces missing from them. :)