Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...Part Two

I realized that it's been a very long time since I last posted photos of my handmade jewelry.  Though I spend more time on paper crafts than on bead work, both hobbies are enjoyable and important to me.  So, without further ado, here is a necklace-and-bracelet set that I made recently.


As with paper crafting, I tend to favor clean and simple designs in my jewelry crafting.  I also enjoy playing with pattern and color in my jewelry designs.  I mentioned recently that lately I've been exploring the color combination of blue and red, and you can see more of that exploration in this jewelry set.


With the bracelet I used more red (and I'm linking up to Rednesday)...


...and with the necklace I used more blue.  So, the pieces go together, but they're not too "matchy-matchy".


I like to put a few special beads on either side of the clasp.  I often wear my hair up, in a pony tail or a twist, so that the clasp is on view.


That's all for now.  Bye until next time!

8 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Love them Denise! You are so clever!! I have never learnt to bead for fear of getting engrossed in another hobby LOL! Love blue and red together - very retro...

Angi Barrs said...

I didn't know that you also made jewelry. Beautiful colors!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love that color combo, and you are too cute! Thank you for the sweet comment. I hope you have a great week!

Dani Cristina said...

I love Denise!
I've made jewelry in another time too ... I like your result.
xx

Svetlana Austin said...

so pretty! Denise you are so crafty! it looks so nice!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your jewelry is so beautiful, Denise! I love those colors so much!!!!!

Svjetlana said...

Lovely set

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Pretty combo, Denise! You are so talented!