Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Out with the Old, in with the New!

Okay, I was a good girl.  I destashed some Echo Park supplies.  I destashed some My Mind's Eye supplies.  So now I can, in good conscience, play with new EP and MME supplies!  :)

Two of the newer items that I've bought recently are Allison Kreft's Today's Story 4x6" journaling cards from Echo Park, and the Boy Crazy stamps from My Mind's Eye.  Today I want to share with you two projects (a card and a layout) that I made with these new supplies.

Supplies: all paper & stickers by Echo Park; stamps by My Mind's Eye; ink by Hero Arts; punch by EK Success; tulle by Wyla.

First up is the card, which you see pictured above.  It's one of the cut-apart Today's Story cards, and I treated it somewhat like a postcard: I wrote my message on the back, then decorated the front, using MME stamps that coordinated with the printed heart in the corner of the card.  Unlike a postcard, though, this card went in an envelope to be mailed.


I go a bit crazy for Allison Kreft's designs, and one thing I like about them is how well they mix and match.  To make the heart that is the centerpiece for this card (pictured above), I layered punched strips from Allison's older Echo Park collection, Everyday Eclectic.  These older papers match well with the new 4x6" card.

Supplies: ledger & heart papers by Crate; ruler paper by Kaiser Craft; all other papers by Echo Park; stamps by My Mind's Eye; ink by Hero Arts; punch by EK Success; pen by Creative Memories.


I used another Today's Story card on this layout, and I also incorporated some more of the "Everyday Eclectic" strips.  


I've always admired Volkswagen Beetles, though I do not own one.  At least I now own this Beetle-like stamp, from My Mind's Eye, which was a perfect accent for a page about driving to Grandma and Grandpa's house.


The final touch on this page was to use the tiny scraps generated by my border punch to form a line of confetti above the photo.

I had a lot of fun combining newer and older products on my card and layout.  The colors remind me of spring, which makes me happy.  Hope that you are having a happy day, too!

12 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Super card and layout Denise! Love all the layering on the card! Your layout is super too...great that you are feeling springy and incorporating it into your pages! Here autumn is setting in and I feel like we are almost winding down! LOL

Mary Jo said...

Oooh, love your confetti scraps!
Very cool.
I love that Everyday Eclectic line so much :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card and a sweet page you have made.
byebye,Lean

Unknown said...

Hi Denise!

I've been wanting to email you but I don't have your email.

Anyway, thank you so much for the card you sent me. It is so pretty and was so happy to get it. You see, I don't get a lot of handmade stuff as gifts, I normally give them away as prizes. Your little card is so refreshing and awesome job!!

Denise Price said...

Thanks, Marivic, I'm glad you liked it! I don't have your e-mail address, either. But, if you ever need to e-mail me, there is a "contact me" e-mail button on the sidebar of my blog. Take care!

Irma said...

What an awesome 'artsy' card and strong-design layout!

Perhaps I need to do some serious 'cleaning out my scrapbook closet', but it's so hard to let so much go unused (Pssst...don't tell anyone I still have some first releases of KI Memories and Chatterbox paper ha ha!!!)

Patricia said...

what a beautiful job... like the serendipity on the frame of the photo!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your beetle stamp, Denise! Using up your confetti scraps as a border is pure genius :)

Mitralee said...

I agree that the confetti idea is brilliant! And kudos to you on some stash busting!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great job mixing up the old and the new. Always fun to find refreshing ways to use our supplies, isn't it? :)

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable projects! I love that paper.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a wonderful LO and such fun cards. Love the layered punched card! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/