Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 on the 10th: My Mind's Eye

Welcome to the second edition of "10 on the 10th."  For the month of February, my de-stashing focus was on My Mind's Eye products.  This time around I ended up making eight cards and two layouts, for a total of ten projects.  If you're a regular reader of my blog, you've already seen the two layouts.  So, I'll show you the new items (the cards) first.

Projects 1 & 2: all paper, die cuts & stickers by My Mind's Eye; stamp by PSX; ink by Hero Arts; pen by Creative Memories.

The first pair of cards is very pink.  I also got a chance to use an older stamp.  That little mouse used to belong to my husband's grandmother!

Project 3: background paper, butterfly paper, floral rub-ons, & word stickers by My Mind's Eye; alphabet rub-ons by October Afternoon; hexagon sticker by Jillibean Soup; faux brad by Craftworks; pen by Ranger; corner punch by Creative Memories; household sandpaper.

With the card above I had fun building the flower out of assorted bits and bobs.  Adding all the rub-ons and doodling was even more fun.

Project 4: die cut, stickers, & all paper by My Mind's Eye.

The card above is 100% MME.  I enjoyed mixing and matching creamy, pastel papers and embellishments, then arranging them on a dark card base.

Projects 5 & 6: papers, stickers, & stamp by My Mind's Eye; ink by Hero Arts; pen by Creative Memories; Stickles glitter glue by Ranger.

I made this pair of "masculine" cards for Men's Day, which is celebrated in Russia on February 23.  The robot stamp is brand new, but I used it with a bunch of 6x6" mini paper pads from older MME lines.


Projects 7 & 8: papers, stickers, & stamp by My Mind's Eye; ink by Hero Arts; pen by Creative Memories; Stickles glitter glue by Ranger.

The second pair of robots have English sentiment stickers.  This time around, I also thought to give the robots noses.  :)

Project 9:  blogged here.

The layout above incorporates some MME paper scraps and stickers.  The negative from an alphabet sheet forms the photo mat. 

Project 10:  blogged here.

My final project in this series of ten is the layout pictured above.  For this one I used lots of MME die cuts and papers.


Despite my creating ten projects with it, my MME stash did not shrink much!  The photo above shows how the stash started out, and an ending photo would not look much different--the main change would be that the 6x6" pads would be rather thinner.  I think that, at some later point in the year, I'll return to my MME file for further de-stashing.  I have something different planned for next month's "10 on the 10th," though, so stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope your week is off to a good start!

12 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Still so amazing that you got so many projects done!
Way to destash!! :)

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

О, Дениз, столько проектов! мне очень понравились открытки - такие прикольные роботы, смешные! Мышки умильные! как это муж согласился дать марку бабушки? Ха...
Странички замечательные, очень нравятся!!!

Kerryn said...

Hehe I think that would happen if I tried to de stash my MME goodies too. Love what you've created!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Way to use up a bunch of your stash! Great mix of old and the new collections. While I love Echo Park, nothing can rival the amount of MME product and projects that I have using it. LOL!:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

You did awesome. I am trying to destash too. I am taking part in a "no buy" challenge. That is no buying of patterned papers.

Svjetlana said...

Gorgeous cards and layouts.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love this idea and all your projects! I especially like that you even used a stamp from your husband's grandmother. So cool! Awesome de-stashing!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, such gorgeous cards and LO's. Love your work and I'm a new follower! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is an amazing way to destash (even if you have leftovers). :) So many amazing projects came from it.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are brilliant!!! De-stashing rocks! :D :D

~Tammy~ said...

I generally start with my scraps first when I make a project and it really doesn't seem to have made the slightest dent! This is a great idea!!! Love your stash projects!

Pysselkatten said...

I love your work and the robot stamp was cool!