Thursday, January 3, 2013

Something Old/Something New

If you look through my last few blog posts, you'll see a lot of "artsy" projects.  I recently realized that the Mixed Media style is very green, since it incorporates found objects and all manner of materials, so I've been trying my hand at mixed media. It has been a new and exciting part of my creative journey.

But don't worry, the Denise who loves the Clean and Simple (CAS) style still lives here.  :)  Even though I am dabbling in mixed media now, I'll still be making a lot of pages in my beloved "classic" style.  Here are two examples of CAS pages that I recently created..

This one is from my family album...

Supplies: cardstock by Wausau Paper; splatter paper by FabScraps; chipboard ampersand, label stickers, woodgrain paper, & retro patterned paper by October Afternoon; border & banner stickers by Doodlebug Design; thread by DMC; pen by Zig; ink by Tsukineko.

My favorite detail from this page is the oversized chipboard ampersand.  I love the "oomph" that it give to the title, "Meet & Greet."

And this one is from my new nature-themed album...

Supplies: cardstock by Wausau Paper; tag by Crate Paper; cloud paper by Echo Park; label sticker & wooden flagpoles by October Afternoon; all other papers & stickers by Bo Bunny; pen by Zig.

My favorite details on this layout are the woodland flags popping up behind the title tag.

Both mixed media and CAS are fun, and I embrace both styles.  You can expect to see both types of layout from me in 2013.


9 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

I also only recently started playing with mixed media and haven't really found my groove with it. Still prefer the more clean and neat layouts.

Lovely layouts my friend.

Chantalle said...

Ooh I also love that ampersand!

Thanks for visting my little blog. The title is from a story I had to do an exam on in my final year of high school. For various reasons, it had always been at the back of my mind! lol

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I love the nature-themed page. Seems like fun! Straddling two styles avoids monotony and I like to dabble with both vintage/ shabby chic and artsy :)

Anonymous said...

Супер! МНЕ ПЕРВАЯ СТРАНИЧКА НРАВИТСЯ, ОНА ТАКАЯ СОЧНАЯ И ПОЗИТИВНАЯ У ТЕБЯ ПОЛУЧИЛАСЬ :)!

Unknown said...

both are fab pages and love your Mixed media stuff too!

Mary Jo said...

Fun pages, Denise!! :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Denise hi! You might want to check out the latest post at OUAS :))

Patricia said...

so fesh and joyfull page.. happy new year for you Denise.

Unknown said...

какие веселые и яркие странички для альбома!замечательно!