Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Beauty

Today many people are celebrating Epiphany, a day to say good bye to the Christmas season and move back into "ordinary time."  It also happens to be the last day of the Winter Holiday Flower Show at Como Park.  My family and I attended the show today, so I have some pictures to share with you.

The keynote colors in this show were red and pink.


Coleus provided a lot of the pink.


Poinsettias provided even more pink, and of course they also provided plenty of red.


I looked at the poinsettia varieties as only a papercrafter could.  When I saw the plant above, I thought, "It looks like someone brushed some pink paint on it."


And this one looks misted!

 
This one looks embossed!

I'm happy that I was able to share the beauty of this flower show with you.

It may be time for Como's holiday flower show to end, and it may be the end of the Christmas season, but it's still a pretty special time of year for us papercrafters...because CHA is coming up in just a few days!  Some of the CHA sneak peeks that have me swooning are: Webster's Composition & Color, Jillibean's Chilled Cucumber Soup, and Lily Bee's Sweet Shoppe.  And I'm sure there are lots more great sneaks that I have not seen yet.  What products lines are you most excited about these days?

Have a good week, and keep on crafting!

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Such pretty flowers and thanks for sharing the photos!!!

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty!
We have a great Orchid show here at our Botanical gardens every year. Looking forward to that :)
Definitely have some CHA faves including the Webster Page's clean & simple lines.
I am planning a post on Friday of my faves I think.

Patricia said...

very very beautiful... bravo !

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! So much color. Love poinsettias.

Yes, CH is always so exciting. Hope to see lots of pics soon!

Sandy Ang said...

Your nature photography looks wonderful ! I'm getting quite excited about Cosmo Cricket this year

Ella Swan said...

Gorgeous photos! Amazing plants!!