Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Colors for Spring 2013



I don't know about you, but I am over the moon about the products introduced at CHA this time around.  I was planning to make a list of my top five picks, like I did for CHA Summer 2012, but...I cannot narrow it down this time.  Suffice it to say that I loved just about EVERYTHING.

image sources: http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=21005&ca=4

What is it about the new CHA releases that grabs me?  I think it's the color scheme.  The colors that are fashionable at the moment (Pantone spring 2013 colors, pictured above) are "my colors."  These are the colors of the clothes in my closet.  If I love to wear them, then it makes sense that I would also love to scrap with them.  They make me happy.

Supplies: all papers and stickers by Echo Park; pens by Zig.

I couldn't wait for the new CHA releases to hit the stores; I wanted to scrap with these colors (all of them--LOL!) right away.  So, I created the layout you see above, by pulling products from my Echo Park stash.  Even though these papers and stickers are older, they worked well for the color scheme.  And since I plan to buy some of the new Echo Park releases, I might as well use up some of my old stash first to make room.


I dug a little deeper for the journaling on this page, as I had an important message to share with my son.  "As you get older, you will start seeing your peers categorized as 'brains,' 'jocks,' etc.  You are very intelligent, and you are 'all boy,' but never let anyone stereotype you.  It's what's on the inside that counts.  I'm proud of your accomplishments, but I'm most proud of your character.  You rock, dude!  When I look at these photos, I see a boy who is kind, caring, helpful, polite, enthusiastic, imaginative, and loving."  <3


I finished the page with some typically "Denise-style" touches:  star embellishments and mix-n-match title alphas.  I loved every moment of making this page, and I hope it makes you happy, too.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today to take a look! 

12 comments:

Carol L said...

I never met an Echo park I didn't like, and I love these pages - especially your specially-chosen words of wisdom to your son :)

Patricia said...

so funny colors...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fun design, Denise, with all of the strips and banners and lots of great color too!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layout is so beautiful and bright. I love scrapping with these colors for my grandson's as well.

June Houck said...

I love your mix of papers! Fab portrait LO (good title too.)

Mary Jo said...

I love the journaling on your page!!
And the pretty bright colors!!

Unknown said...

Verry happy colors beautiful page !
byebye,Lean

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful colours! So fresh and modern!! I am trying NOT to buy this year!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

I love these colors too! Great LO! I LOVE the journaling!

Chantalle said...

(As you know) I'm a hug fan of colour - loving these bright ones! Gorgeous page x

Denise van Deventer said...

Love this Denise! Love the colours, so fresh and vibrant! ;-)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

You rock Echo Park, Denise! Love the vibrant colors.