Thursday, July 26, 2012

Infinite Alphabets: Christmas in July Edition

Tip: to make title stickers pop, outline them with a mechanical pencil.

So far, most of my posts under the tag "infinite*alphabets" focus on Lily Bee and October Afternoon letter stickers.  Today, though, I want to spotlight Bo Bunny Press.  Bo Bunny is another company that regularly repeats sticker fonts.  This is a godsend for those of us who like to mix and match different colored letter stickers.  Not only is this eclectic look fun, but it also allows you to stretch your supplies--you can use up leftover consonants from an older sticker sheet, for example, by mixing them in with vowels from a newer sticker sheet.

Supplies: All papers and stickers by Bo Bunny; pen by Sakura; journaling line template by Creative Memories.

My example, which you see pictured above, uses 2011 red "Blitzen" and 2010 blue "Midnight Frost" alphas for the title, "Party Dudes."  Both alphabets use the same font--the color is the only difference between the two.  I must admit, I had been watching the movie Framed right before I made this layout, and I'm sure that the film influenced my choice in title.  (Have you seen Framed?  It's hilarious!)  This layout is about my family's process for throwing parties, and the journaling reads: "We've got our routine down pat.  I cook & bake, A. entertains, and S. takes photos (which is why he isn't in any photos)."

This is my only Bo Bunny infinite*alphabet sample so far, but the opportunity to mix and match Bo Bunny alphas is extensive.  For example, the "Hello Sunshine!" alphabet is the same font as "Alora."  The "On the Go" alphabet uses the same font as "Ad Lib."  I could go on and on.  :)  Have you ever tried mixing and matching Bo Bunny alphas?  Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info Denise! I didn't know BoBunny keeps the same fonts too. Now I won't be so hesitant about purchasing their letters. Layout is great by the by :)

Denise van Deventer said...

This is such a festive layout! Love it and love those Alpha's! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog too re Scrap Africa DT...I am so excited and really so pleased about this opportunity!

Cathy Lane said...

This is so beautiful Denise :) You know, every time I see your profile photo I do a backflip because you look exactly like a lady down the road from me...she is totally your twin!! Love your layout!x

Denise Price said...

@ Cathy--Wow, I can't believe I have a "secret twin" in South Africa! My profile photo is from last summer, so my hair is quite a bit longer now, but other than that it's an accurate depiction of me.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful holiday layout and I love your mixed title. I like to mix it up too and as you said, it's a great way to use up dribs and drabs. :)

Ella Swan said...

What a fun layout! I mix alphas from Lily Bee and also do it with Websters - indeed I love the versatility!