Sunday, July 29, 2012

Christmas in July: Outer Space

Supplies: all patterned paper by Bo Bunny; large & small red alphabet stickers by Basic Grey; all other stickers by Bo Bunny.

July is almost over, so it's time to wind up my "Christmas in July" series.  For my final post in this series, I'm sharing the first page in my 2010 family scrapbook.

It seems like Christmas is the only time that all three of us manage to be photographed at once.  For that reason, our Christmas photo is usually on the first page of our family album each year.  So, here we are, in our toasty warm Christmas sweaters, on a page decorated mostly with Bo Bunny's "Blast Off!" collection.

Yes, that's right, a Christmas photo paired with outer space products.  It seems like a good fit to me, since stars are a major symbol of Christmas.  :)

As was the case with the page in my last post, this Christmas layout also boasts a media-inspired title.  Fans of the Scottish actress Karen Gillan will recognize the quote "Got my spaceship, got my boys!" 




Thanks for joining me in my wacky little Christmas in July celebration!  Come August, I'll be back to blogging about summer layouts and projects.

10 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

What a neat idea, Denise, to use a media-inspired title! Love the way you combined the space theme with your Xmas page :) Have a great week!

Dani Cristina said...

So fun and color page!
Beautiful!!!!! :)

Mary Jo said...

What a cute page!!

Marília Lopes said...

Denise this is sooooooooo cool!!!
I loved!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super cute! Fun title work too!

Angi Barrs said...

Love all of the happy colors!

Danielle said...

Very fun and colorful layout!

Linda said...

What a fun fun layout!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my jean pocket. It was fun.

Unknown said...

Great layout!!

Ella Swan said...

Cute layout - love the long title! Very nicely done :)