Sunday, July 8, 2012

For the Love of Books

Maybe it's because I'm an English teacher by training, but one of my favorite parts of being a mom is reading aloud to my son.  I have two layouts published in the current issue of ScrapStreet ezine (click here to read the issue for free), and I'm so happy that one of them (the one on page 14) is a book related-layout.

Supplies: cardstock (Wausau Paper), patterned paper (Graphic 45), stickers (October Afternoon), flowers (Petaloo), ink (Stewart Superior), circle templates (Fiskars), corner punch (Creative Memories), glitter (Stickles by Ranger), pen (Zig).

I'm not allowed to share my published layouts on my blog during the time that they appear in ScrapStreet.  However, I do have a different book-related layout to share today.  It's called "The Magic of Oz," and you see it pictured above.  The photos on the layout were all taken a couple of years ago at the Saint Paul Children's Museum, during a Wizard of Oz exhibit.  I loved reading the Oz series when I was a kid, and it was really fun for me to share my love of  Oz with my son and husband at the museum.

Are you doing any summer reading?  I'd love to hear your recommendations.  My son is currently working his way through the "Puppy Place" and "Kitty Corner" series by Ellen Miles.  As for me, I've already read three books from the Aunt Dimity series of cozy mysteries this summer...in particular I would recommend Aunt Dimity Down Under.  Happy reading!

5 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Hi, Denise. My daughter's 6.5 and she's currently reading The Magic School Bus series, Flat Stanley series, Amber Brown & Amelia Bedelia. One book we loved reading aloud last week was The Giving Tree :)

Mary Jo said...

Love that book!
And a fun layout :)
Also love your ice cream soda layout in the magazine!

BabyBokChoy said...

Looks like we all survived the heat oppression. You'd think we suffer so much in the winter that we would get a decent summer or something, lol. I guess last winter was good :)

I really like how you used the G45 "halloween" collection for this page!! Very clever!! :) and GREEN!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! what a fun LO! I love it!

Ella Swan said...

Congrats on the pub! Love your collage effect layout!! I never have the time to read apart from fact - always reading photography manuals and the like!!