Before I address today's topic--ruler motifs--I get to spread a little love! See, I recently received the Liebster Blog Award from the fabulous Sam Wright. This is what she had to say: "Denise is soo kind she always comments on my posts even when I talk a load of nonsense half the time :-) She always has such kind comments!" Aw, I feel "liebed." When reading blogs, I do always try to give specific comments. I guess what I do is working. :)
The cool thing about the Liebster Blog Award is that I get to pass it on to five other bloggers. (That's what I meant about spreading a little love.) The only requirement is that each blog I choose must have fewer than two hundred followers. Here are my choices:
1. Danni Read. Danni, a designer for October Afternoon, creates fun, colorful projects. She took a break from blogging for awhile, but now she's back. So, if you haven't checked out her new blog yet, now is a great time to do so!
2. Nina of Nina's Cupcakes. I do not limit my blog reading to craft blogs. Since one of my other passions is baking, I enjoy reading Nina's blog. She probably wonders who the crazy scrapbooker is who keeps leaving her comments. :) Well, I just want her to know that she totally inspires me, with recipes like cookie dough brownies, sugar cookie bars, cherry cupcakes...is your mouth watering yet? :)
3. Anupama Choudary of Scrapbooks from India. Anupama is one of the first people I met on the Color Room Ning. She has always been very friendly, supportive, and encouraging. Her gorgeous, richly detailed layouts are a must-see.
4. Cathy Lane. I first learned about Cathy's blog via the challenge site Scrap Africa. Her work is so stunning, you have simply got to see it for yourself!
5. Dani Cristina. I met Dani through the challenge site Scrap for Help, where I love seeing her creative work. She makes me think about my supplies in a whole new way. Check out her blog--she's sure to inspire you!
First up is the card (below). The ruler paper comes from the "Celebrate" line by Authentique Paper.
Congratulations Danni, Nina, Anupama, Cathy, and Dani! If you wish, you may each pass the Liebster Blog Award on to five other bloggers.
Now, on to today's topic...rulers. Images of rulers and tape measures have been trendy for awhile now, but lately it seems like every paper collection I buy has images of rulers. To celebrate this reinvigorated trend, I'd like to share with you a card and a layout that I recently made.
|Supplies: blue paper (Lily Bee), ruler paper (Authentique), alphabet stickers (Bella Blvd), rub-ons (October Afternoon), pen (Zig), corner rounder (Creative Memories).|
Here (below) is the inside of the card. To provide writing space, I adhered an October Afternoon journaling card.
|Supplies: papers, die-cuts, rub-ons, and black button (all from October Afternoon); wooden button (Blumenthal Lansing); alphabet stickers (Crate); ink (Autumn Leaves/Stampology); pen (Zig); thread (DMC).|
The journaling on the layout (above) reads: "Scott's school experience was so different from mine. His rural school district had just one building for all ages, and he knew every kid in his class. My suburban district, on the other hand, had twelve schools, and I graduated with four hundred kids!"