Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dr. Seuss is on the Loose!

The challenge this week at the October Afternoon blog is to create a project that incorporates any Dr. Seuss quote.  What could be more fun than that!

Supplies: All papers, stickers, and journaling boxes are from October Afternoon.  Pens by Zig.  Decorative scissors by Fiskars.  Corner punch by Creative Memories. Design copyright Denise M. Price

I used some photos from a Dr. Seuss art exhibit, combined with a mix of fun patterned papers in "Dr. Seuss colors" (the colors from The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham).  This was a great way to use up some little tidbits from my pile of OA scraps.  

I had a blast mixing and matching different OA alphabets to spell out my quote, "There is no one alive who is you-er than you."  This quote, from Dr. Seuss's book Happy Birthday to You, is a favorite among scrapbookers.  I'm not the first scrapper to use it, and I won't be the last.  :) 

Thanks for stopping by to look at my layout!  It was a really fun one to create, and I hope it brought a smile to your face.

ETA: This layout way published in the July 2012 issue of ScrapStreet magazine!



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is such a fab layout!

Ella Swan said...

Oh yes it sure did!! What a funky layout - love the mixing up of the different fonts - very striking!!

jeanie g said...

Love this Denise, such a fantastic and effective LO. I love using my scraps too.

Alex said...

This rocks! Love the funky look! Gorgeous title/quote work!

Unknown said...

per layout and FAB bright and cheerful page well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Cool page love the design and colors you have used!
byebe,Lean

Denise van Deventer said...

Love this layout...it is so cute! I also love your design...fabulous!

Svetlana Austin said...

wow, so cool! I love all the different letters, it looks so happy and a bit naughty! :-)))

scrapbookertink said...

This is such fun, love it, take care, Doreen x

BabyBokChoy said...

indeed a great way to use up some scraps!!!! and I believe I have photos for that lovely exhibit as well! :)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness this is sooo cute! This is one fantastic and fun layout!!!

Patricia said...

like very much the choice of colors of this page... very funny page!
kisses

Ana Márquez said...

I like your LO very much, the details are perfect for this context, the photos very sweets :-) Thanks for sharing so lovely piece.

Big hugs from

Vintage Collages

.