Monday, January 6, 2014

T is for Thankful



Hello, and Happy T Day!  I am very thankful that I did not have to go outside at all today, because temperatures here are frigid.  The governor actually canceled school statewide!  There is no school tomorrow, either, so I thought I'd sneak in my T-Day post tonight (Monday), since I'll be busy having fun at home with my little boy again tomorrow. 


Did you catch this photo last week, when I originally posted it?  The day I took this photo was actually a lot warmer than today, if you can believe that!  This photo is being featured on the Our Beautiful World blog this week, which puts a smile on my face.  :) 


Okay, after that icy cold photo, let's warm up with tea.  It is T Day, after all.  :)  Those scrumptious candies in the photo below are the famous See's Chocolate, sent to me as a Christmas gift by a Californian friend.  I wish I could share them with all of you; they are so delicious!  Notice how they dominate the photo...can you tell that my sweet tooth even trumps my love of tea?  :)


Now that the Christmas season is over, it's the season for writing thank you notes.  I thought I'd show you a couple thank you cards that I made recently.  If you're looking for Valentine ideas, they would also be suitable for that occasion. 
 
Supplies: tags, green paper, & flag sentiment from Bo Bunny; woodgrain paper from KaiserCraft; XOXO word bubble paper from Bo Bunny; pink dotted paper from October Afternoon; blue paper from Simple Stories; corner rounder from Creative Memories; assorted ribbons & trims; household mini stapler.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Take care, and stay warm!

18 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Those are so cute!!
It is super cold here, too. I don't remember it ever being this cold!
The wind chill was -30 today!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Talk about a frozen wonderland. I know both you and Halle have made the weather news today, as I woke to stories of 24 degrees below zero in your part of the world and that was NOT wind chills. What a day the two of you (and others who live in your area) must have faced today.

There is no place to buy See's candy here, but I get boxes of it whenever I go to CA. And I agree, it is THE BEST. I've even had a tour of one of their facilities where they make these beauties.

Loved your personalized mug. You were all over the map today (grin) with your CA candies and your FL mug. Ironic I've been both places and enjoyed the same experiences. I just don't have the mug to prove it.

What lovely cards. You make beautiful tags, too. They fit perfectly on the cards.

So glad you joined us for T this frigid Tuesday (Monday night in our world). Now let's go drink some of that beauty and eat a See's candy. I want milk chocolate with raspberry filling, please!

Cat Craig said...

Thank you so for stopping by. I scrap too, and am looking forward to seeing more of your layouts. The tag cards are a great twist on the usual. I'll be following on feedly and bloglovin.

Vicki Miller said...

the chocolates look yummy, but the mug is not big enough for me, lol. We go in for large cups in my family. Hope the cold doesn't go on for too long. A bit of chill would be welcome here before too long

Patricia said...

your tags are adorables...

dawn said...

Hello Denise, that picture is stunning, a perfect winter beauty picture! Thanks for sharing it again.

YUMMY, how nice this gift was, too bad we can't have some too. I can see you enjoy them. Fun mug you have too.

We are freezing here in Ohio too, staying inside for a snow day with the kids again, this break is being stretched isn't it. Stay warm and safe!
Happy T Day!

Darla said...

Happy Tuesday. Hope you are staying warm. I smiled when I saw the oh so familiar See's chocolate (yes I'm in CA). I like your cards and the little nudge towards Valentines Day. It will be here before we know it!

Darla

Tracey Holdyk said...

I am thinking of you all with this cold weather. Over here in Perth Australia its hot hot hot and getting hotter. I noticed you cup was from Universal Studios in Florida, we are going to Universal Studios in Singapore in September, can't wait.
happy T for Tuesday and keep warm.

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable tags! It's unusually cold here in Texas too! Happy New Year!

Halle said...

Yum, yum chocolates! My kiddos are home today again as well. There was hooting and hollering when the call came through yesterday.
They better have school tomorrow otherwise I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them. I have a busy day ahead. :)

Krisha said...

OOOOOOO! See's candy! Yummm! It is right up there with Dewar's taffy chews for me. Yep! I'm in California, south of Darla, so we know our candy! LOL

Pretty little mug, yes I did look past the candy!

Your thank you cards are perfect!
Happy T-day

~*~Patty S said...

Hello and Happy T Day !

Your mug is great and chocolate is always a fav of mine...it's one of the food groups isn't it ;)

Beautiful snow photo!

Stay warm...
oxo

Ariel said...

Denise your winter photo is awesome.How did you get that mug with your name on it, that is so cute. Love both your cards.
Stay warm
Susan

Carol L said...

I never heard of See's candy, but I wish you could share it with us too! LOL Great thank-you cards and such a serene photo too! Congrats! We're all the way up to 8 degrees today LOL stay warm!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely love what you did with "t!" Your photo is so, so beautiful! I know, we had frigid temps here too, and school was closed yesterday because of how cold it is!!!!! I love your tags, too, and your mug! Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful cards, Denise! Tea and chocolate sound like the perfect combo to me. :)

yyam said...

Love your sweet tags!
Stay warm!

Lynette Jacobs said...

When I see snowy photos it always looks so magical and I would love to experience it some day. Our weather is very mild. Love your thank you cards.