Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas Tea & Thanksgiving Flowers

Hello!  As happens every week around this time, a virtual tea party is on at Elizabeth and Bleubeard's blog.  Everyone is invited to join in the fun by linking up with a beverage-related post.


Today I want to show you a really cool card that my Polish friend sent me for Christmas.  (Christmas was a while ago, but it was a busy time, so I'm only getting around to showing these photos now.)


The card contains a plastic packet of real tea, taped into a teabag-shaped window!  How adorable is that?


I can't read Polish, but my friend wrote me a note inside the card to let me know that this was black tea with cinnamon and apples.  The little pieces of dried apple rehydrated when I steeped the tea.  Not only did this tea taste wonderful, but it also smelled really good...like the aroma of a freshly baked apple pie.


If only I knew how to read tea leaves!  I think these might mean that trying to design a handmade version of this teabag card is in my future.  :)


As long as I'm sharing a Christmas card out of season, I might as well share another card out of season, too.  :)

Supplies: cardstock from Wausau Paper; decorative paper & floral die cut from Doodlebug Design; ribbon from Scrapbook Fantasies; sticker from Bella Blvd.

Here's a Thanksgiving card that I made.  I made it quite some time ago, and it was published in the November 2013 issue of Scrap n' Art e-zine.  I enjoyed combining floral patterns when I created this card.

Well, I'll let you know if I have any luck creating my own version of the tea bag card.  In the meantime, I hope you're all well.  I look forward to hopping around and visiting blogs today.

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

The colors and patterns are fantastic and I love how you combined them. Lovely and bright.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure what a CAS card is, but I see a lot of them as I travel my blogging rounds each day.

That was a wonderful card you received and sharing it with us for T(ea) today was perfect. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make one of those cards. Your talents are endless.

That is a wonderful Thanksgiving card. I like how bright and bold the colors were.

You asked if the lanterns inspired the upcoming Chinese New Year (CNY). To be honest, part of the piece I created, but not the part with the tea, was deconstructed from an old CNY tip-in I made years ago. It was an extra, so I used it. The lanterns were sent to me one year as a Christmas gift, and I've used them with several Chinese spreads in the past. Thanks for asking.

So many people have jumped the gun and shown their CNY cards or artwork, and I want to save mine for nearer the date. But I'll let you know when I show it.

Again, thanks for sharing your tea. It sounds delicious, especially since I prefer leaf tea.

Vicki Miller said...

Love your card and also the one your friend sent you. I hope you make your own version

Krisha said...

That is the coolest Tea card!! I posted one too, but this is by far a better card.
Thanks for sharing
Happy T-day.

Patricia said...

all is beautiful !!!

Dani Cristina said...

Wow...
Love this,thanks for sharing!

Darla said...

What fun the Polish card is. I'll bet you were anxious to try the tea. The Thanksgiving card is so colorful. Great job with that.

Darla

Hettie said...

What a fabulous card you received. A new slant to "have a drink on me"! I am sure I can smell it too. I do love proper tea - i.e. not in a paper bag. At home I drink nothing else but in work it has to be t-bags.
Happy Tuesday
Hugs
xx

Carol L said...

Congrats on your publication of that pretty card, and I think I can almost smell the aroma of that tea right now! Yum!

Divers and Sundry said...

the tea bag card is a wonderful idea. i've never heard of it before, but i love it! i can almost smell that cinnamon/apple tea. mmmm :)

Linda Kunsman said...

love the teabag card-and that tea sure does sound awfully good! Your Thanksgiving card is so pretty-reminds me of a quilt with the lovely patterned papers.

Halle said...

That tea filled card is super cool. What a neat concept. Love your thanksgiving card too...so colorful!
Are you surviving the cold? I have my oldest home "sick" today. I'm thinking that he's not really that sick anymore...grrr.
Happy Tuesday!

~*~Patty S said...

how lovely and inspiring to receive that special card from your Polish friend...

very nice Thanksgiving card too...
I am hoping I get my act together for my post next week to thank friends for their handmade greetings before January is history ;)

Happy T Day
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What beautiful cards! The one with the enclosed tea was such a thoughtful gift from your friend, and the Thanksgiving one that you had published is really cheery. I love the mixed floral patterns!

Dianne said...

oh, I love tea with apple and cinnamon! a lovely card and really adore your Thanksgiving card too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card your friend sent you! And I love your creation too, like you, I have tons of holiday card waiting to post, LOL!

Rita said...

Pretty and clever card...and you liked the tea, too. :)
Congrats on your Thanksgiving card being published!!! Belated Happy T-Day! :)