Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pretty Good Month

Today is August 1, and as I look back on the month of July, I have to say that it was an exciting month for me, in terms of scrapbooking news.  Would you mind if I shared my good news with you?  
  • My layout "Zoo ZZZZZZ" won second place at Child's Play Challenges (so watch for my guest designer post there later this month).  
  • My layout "Delicate" won at From Scrappers, For Scrappers.  (I'll be guest designing there in October.) 
  • Furthermore, I was also the random winner at CSI.  My winning CSI entry, entitled "Magic Moment," is one that I have not yet shared on my blog.  I think it's high time I shared it!  So, without  further ado, here it is.
 
Supplies: background paper, alphabet stickers, word stickers, tab stickers, & round sticker from Lily Bee; distressed green paper from Fab Scraps; grey swirl paper & number stickers from My Mind's Eye; quote paper from Graphic 45; grey woodgrain paper from KaiserCraft; fussy-cut paper (used as flower stencil) from Authentique; burlap from Canvas Corp.;border sticker from Doodlebug Design; leaf stickers from Simple Stories; round frame stickers from Basic Grey; stamp & dark green ink from Hero Arts; brown ink from Tsukineko; all other ink from Clearsnap; white cardstock from Pulp; pen from Zig; vintage twine; upcycled admission wristband.

Here are a few detail shots and notes...
 
~the wristband I used to make the banner~


 
~the banner itself~


 
~my journaling box~


 
I saved a scrap of paper that I had used for fussy cutting on a previous project.  I used it as a stencil with various inks to decorate my journaling spot.


 
What could be more fun than lime green burlap!?!


 
I pulled a couple strings out of a burlap scrap and used these strings to turn a round sticker into a floral embellishment.


I hope you liked my "prehistoric page!"  :)  Thanks for letting me share all my good news with you.  I hope that good luck is in your future!

16 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fun dino page!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Congrats! Love the monochromatic colour and how it compliments the theme. Cute banner from the wrist pass. Great idea!:)

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

Hi Denise,
Congratulations for all your work, I love it!!!!
Thank you to leave a very kind comment on my blog for my Scrap 4 Help challenge; I'm waiting for August challenge, I don't find it on the blog for the moment!!!
Sorry for my bad english.
See you soon, Marie-Christine

June Houck said...

What an incredible picture! Love this, Denise :)

Юлия Бар said...

Красивая страничка) И какой замечательный парк!

Denise Price said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments, ladies! If others are also wondering about the Scrap for Help August reveal, Cynthia Llorens had a family commitment that caused a delay. She is planning to post the reveal Friday evening (Brazil time zones).

juscrap said...

Love your fun dino page! Its so beautiful!!! xx

Carol L said...

Congrats on all those wins of yours!! I love the dinosaur theme!!

Dani Cristina said...

Congratulations Denise for their LOs featured!
This is amazing, I am in a moment of love at
green, and here still have the big picture that is FANTASTIC!
xx

Denise said...

How fun for You and congrats to you.I Always get good ideas from You-thanks-Denise

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how you up cycle products for your layouts. Congratulations on your achievements for July.

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful Denise! The wristband to banner is so clever. I will have to store that idea away for later :)

Aline Fonseca said...

Thanks, Denise!!!! ;)
Wow! Congrats!!!! You deserve it!!!
GREAT IDEAS for this page! Love all those details! So gorgeous!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Yay! Congrats! How fun. And love the LO! So clever how you used that band!

Darnell said...

Your prehistoric page is fantastic, Denise! And warm congratulations to you on all your wonderful recognitions!! Well-deserved!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hope you have a great August, too! I absolutely love this wonderful layout! Big congrats on the win!!!!!