Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Guest Designer @ Child's Play Challenges

Hello, all!  I often describe my scrapbook style as "playful," so I'm pleased as punch to be guest designing for Child's Play Challenges this month.  I designed a page for their "Uno" challenge.  Since the game cards in Uno are red, blue, green, and gold, those are the colors I chose for my page.  I converted my photos to sepia, so that they would not compete with the "Uno colors."

Supplies: background paper from My Mind's Eye; starry paper from Bo Bunny; flashcards, rub-ons, large alphabet stickers, & round alphabet stickers from October Afternoon; black alphabet stickers from Doodlebug Design; ribbons from Scrapbook Fantasies; pens from Zig.

Our family does not have "classic" Uno, but we do have a Star Trek Uno set.  Therefore, I used a lot of outer space imagery in my layout.  I also used a lot of snowflake imagery, since our family mostly plays card games in the winter, when it's cold outside.


I had fun making my own Uno embellishments for this page.  I placed a selection of six cards on my table, photographed them all together (see below), and had the photo printed. 


I then cut out the cards from the photo and layered in them in a row below my the photo cluster on my layout.  They turned out very realistic-looking...so much so that my son, when he saw them, tried to get me to play an actual Uno game with him, using these miniature cards.  The game doesn't last very long when you only have six cards, though, as he soon discovered.  :)


Have I inspired you to play along with the Uno challenge?  You have until the end of the month to link up at Child's Play Challenges.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fun Denise! Cool idea to take a photo of the cards. I'll have to file that one away for future use!

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Cheerful page, Denise! and all perfectly combined, and the paper and photos.

Denise said...

Looks like You had great fun making this one.Congrats. on being guest designer,how lovely.Denise

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I didn't know there was a Star Trek version of Uno. I may have to get that for my hubby. :) Love how this turned out, Denise! It's a lot of fun!

Юлия Бар said...

Какая чудесная страничка! От нее так и веет любовью и семейным теплом)))) Р.С. мы тоже любим Уно))

juscrap said...

Hi Denise! Great layout!!! It's very fun!xoxo

Julia Cotrim said...

just beautiful Denise! love playful pages as this one! xoxo

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun and clever! Love it.

Unknown said...

What fun!!! Love those little cards you used, how cool!

Unknown said...

Cool page love the idea.
byebye,Lean

Chantalle said...

Awesome!!! Love that you made your own embellishments. Those cards are such a fun element. Congrats on your guest DT position and feature. You are rocking Denise!

Patricia said...

c'est magnfiique !

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the combinations you chose. Such a playful layout.