Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Summer Trees

Today and tomorrow I'll be sharing with you some projects that I had published in the August 2012 issue of Scrap n' Art.  The layout I'm sharing today is a called "Trees of Summer."

Supplies: zigzag paper by Echo Park; striped paper & pale blue paper by Authentique; leafy patterned paper by Creative Imaginations; tree patterned paper by FabScraps; green dot & solid brown papers by My Mind's Eye; botanical textbook paper by Jenni Bowlin; die & cutting machine by Ellison; title sticker, date sticker, & flags by October Afternoon; mini alphabet stickers by Lily Bee; owl, tree, flower, & border stickers by Creative Imaginations; acrylic paint by Plaid; pen by Zig; household stapler.

I photographed these groups of trees at the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  I love all the different shades of green represented among the foliage.


I used lots of shades of green in my layout, and I also added summery splashes of orange.


I added a bit of whimsy, too, with butterflies, flags, and a cute little owl.


People always talk about how beautiful trees are in the spring, when they are in bloom, or in the fall, when leaves are changing colors.  But I think it's important to appreciate the "everyday beauty" of green trees in the summer, too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I'll be back tomorrow with another summery post.

9 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Congratulations on the pubs, Denise! This is a wonderful nature page. Love the whimsical touches!

Carol L said...

WTG on being published! Small wonder with this fantastic layout! Trees really are a sight to behold, especially in autumn when their leaves change colors!

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful tree layout Denise and congrats on another S+A pub!! Love the different shades of green & the orange contrast!

juscrap said...

Great page Denise! xx

BabyBokChoy said...

I miss summer already but I am not a MN girl at heart :) beautiful layout, the colors are fantastic!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations on the publication. Your tree layout is beautiful.

Patricia said...

very very beautiful.. I like tree..

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful layout Denise...love the mix of papers and the layering! Really so lovely!

Michelle Looi said...

You have great creative creations! Yummy! & Thanks for dropping by at my blog! :)