Friday, October 26, 2012

October Afternoon Weekend

For Twin Citians, there are a lot of discounted October Afternoon goodies to be had this weekend.  October Afternoon is having their warehouse sale, and Scrapbooks Too has all their October Afternoon products on clearance as well.  Actually, they have ALL their products, not just October Afternoon, on clearance.  The store owner got a new job in the papercrafting industry, so she is closing the store.  Her gain is our loss, though--I am really going to miss that place.  If you're going to the OA warehouse sale this weekend, you should definitely stop by Scrapbooks Too as well.

Supplies: background paper by Studio Calico; mini alphabet stickers by Lily Bee Design; all other stickers by October Afternoon; journaling line template by Creative Memories; pen by Zig; red pencil by Faber-Castell.

Since this weekend seems to be all about OA, I decided to share an OA layout on Green Crafting today.  The layout you see above is called "Victory Parade," and it was published in the July, 2012 issue of Scrap n' Art magazine.  That issue had a flag theme, and my layout for it concerns a parade honoring the Russian holiday День Победы, which in America is known as Victory in Europe (V-E) Day.


This flag bearer sticker, from OA's "Sidewalks" collection, was the perfect accent for this page.  I mixed and matched  letter stickers from "Sidewalks" and "Fly a Kite" to spell out the word "Parade."

The photos on this layout are from 1995, when I was studying abroad in Saint Petersburg (formerly known as Leningrad).  The journaling reads: "V-E Day is an incredibly important day in Russia.  I was lucky enough to see the celebration of the 50th anniversary of V-E Day while I was in St. Petersburg.  There was a parade to honor the old soldiers, and the streets were festooned with decorations.  It was lovely." 


I wrote my journaling by hand, but I spelled out a few key words with Lily Bee mini alphas.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Whether or not your weekend involves October Afternoon, I hope it will be a great weekend for you.

10 comments:

juscrap said...

Hi dear! Great page. So beautiful. Have a nice weekend. hugs

Carol L said...

Congrats for having this great page published! I love your hand-written journaling and the flag looks so festive! NJ!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I love the way you included the mini alphas in your journaling, Denise. Congrats on the publication. Love the way you work the OA goodies :)

Olya - Aleftinushka said...

Amazing page!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page you have made congrats on your publish.

Patricia said...

this little boy with the title is gorgeous!
beautiful page.

Svetlana Austin said...

this is such a special LO, Denise! Victory Day is a very special day for all Russian people. I am very glad that you could be part of that during your time in Russia.
I love very much all the old collections from OA! still have some left :-))
congrats on the publication!

Ella Swan said...

Another great October Afternoon page!! Enjoy the OA sales!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Well it's good that she's closing for career change. I heard about it at the OA warehouse sale. I overbought, lol. Your page is totally adorable!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous page...love your lettering.