Spring is in the air! Cherry and apple trees are flowering, birds are singing, and tulips are in bloom. With all that springtime imagery surrounding me, it's no wonder that I scrapbooked a spring photo when I joined in the current Lily Bee sketch challenge.
The journaling (pictured above) on my layout reads: "We have quite a few tulips in the front yard, but for some reason only one in the back yard. It adds a happy splash of color."
Even though this is a fairly simple, single-photo layout, I managed to use quite a few Lily Bee products.
* the yellow floral paper is "Pattern Block," from the Handmade line
* the brown graph paper is "Sand," from the Double Dutch line
* the teal dotted paper is "Harvest Blue," from the Harvest Market line
* the orange dotted paper is "Villa," from the Happily Lost line
* the mini alphas are from the Handmade line
* the journaling card is from the Double Dutch line
I made up my own pattern for the tulip paper-piecing (shown above), and I had fun enhancing my layout with paint.
I used some tiny punched circles and more dabs of paint to make a playful border (shown above).
Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout. You can see what other bloggers did with this sketch on the Lily Bee blog.