Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Scrap Africa Sketch #3

ETA: I was a winner!  Thanks to everyone who voted for my layout.


Supplies: floral patterned paper (October Afternoon), all other patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), numeral stickers (Bella Blvd), navy blue alphabet stickers (Basic Grey), orange alphabet stickers (Bella Blvd), butterfly die-cuts (Dufex), mini alphabet stickers (Bella Blvd), corner punch (Creative Memories), ink (Versa Color), ribbon (October Afternoon), household items (twig, emery board for distressing photo edges).

Spring is a lighthearted time of year...and today I have a lighthearted page to share with you.  I used a sketch from the Scrap Africa blog to create this layout (above) called "Have Dinosaurs, Will Travel."  The photo shows my son, out for a walk with a rucksack full of plastic toy dinosaurs.


The twig (pictured above) that I used is an actual twig, which I found on the sidewalk.  Before adding it to the layout, I pressed it under a heavy book for a few days in order to flatten it.

All the mini 6x6" papers are from the "Follow Your Heart" collection by My Mind's Eye.  I put together four of these papers to divide my page into quadrants.  I also fussy-cut some of the honeycomb prints to make accent pieces to frame my photo.  The Follow Your Heart papers had such sweet phrases printed on them, I felt like they took the place of journaling.  So, I'll close with four detail shots of the printed phrases.  Thanks for looking!







7 comments:

Dani Cristina said...

Is beautiful!!! :)

Cathy Lane said...

Beautiful work..love your title :))x

Tina said...

The picture says more than words it is a beautiful lay-out.

Hugs Tina

Denise van Deventer said...

Hi Denise, what a lovely and cute layout! I love that MME paper and all the little details that make the layout so cool!

Svetlana Austin said...

wow (i am clapping my hands! :-)))
i missed your full of fun LOs, Denise! it is just soooo cool!
thank you for supporting us again at Scrap Africa!

Olya - Aleftinushka said...

Amazing work! Congratulations!!

Ella Swan said...

I saw that! Congratulations!! SO excited for you and so well deserved :)