Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Authentique Sketch Challenge



Supplies: All papers and stickers are from Authentique.  The corner rounder is from Creative Memories, the pen is from Zig, the ink is from Autumn Leaves/Stampology, and the bottle cap is from Bottle Cap Inc.

The warm smell of banana cupcakes in the oven...the bright sunshine on an otherwise cold February day...the babbling of my little boy's voice...I can still remember this day so clearly.  It was my son's first birthday, and we had a little party for him with his grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  To capture the memories of this special day, I created the above layout, entitled "The Birthday Boy," using a sketch (seen below) from the Authentique Paper blog.



I love sketches with banners!  I chose a denim patterned paper from Authentique's "Genuine" collection as the base of my layout, because the faux stitching along the top and in the upper right corner highlighted the banner.  I trimmed scraps from various Authentique papers (a great way to use up lots of scraps!) to create each of the individual flags in the banner.  I used a regular stapler to attach the flags in creative ways (see photo below).


The zig-zag/chevron fussy-cut paper is also from the "Genuine" collection, and the fussy-cut star-circles are from the "Celebrate" collection.  I used large alphabet stickers from the "Delightful" collection and small alphabet stickers from the "Gathering" collection to spell out my title.  The photo mat and journaling block are both trimmed from "Free Bird" papers.  Below is a closeup of the journaling.


Even though I combined supplies from many different Authentique collections, I feel like all the supplies fit together really well.  And now I have a special page to house a precious photo.  Thanks for visiting my blog to see "The Birthday Boy"!


13 comments:

Dani Cristina said...

Adorei este também Denise!!
Gostei muito das bandeiras.
Beijo.

I Sogni di Silvia said...

What can I say? I love all your works...I love your stile!! Brava!!
Silvia

Patricia said...

magnifique.. adore this page... this Authentique paper is gorgeous and your layout too...

Unknown said...

lovely page cool design and a sweet photo.
byebye,Lean

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Hi Denise,good job, I like your page,cute!Hugs

Mitralee said...

Loved the stitching! Great page!

Alex said...

Awesome page! Love the chevron!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wonderful page! You have done wonders with these colours! Love it!

Svetlana Austin said...

another very beautiful LO, Denise! I like the denim look of this paper line and yeah... chevrons... it looks very cool!

Unknown said...

Great page fab layout gorgeous little child Hugs Elaine

Olya - Aleftinushka said...

Such a great work! Good luck! And your Russian is brilliant? How come you know it so well??

Ella Swan said...

Lovely boy layout Denise & that chevron looks very cool indeed!

~Tammy~ said...

I love all the pennants! This is awesome! A lot of great elements in this layout!