Friday, December 23, 2011

Just a Little Something: Ornaments & a Gift Set

We're getting down to the wire...it's almost Christmas!  My plans for the evening involve wrapping gifts.  But I thought I'd take a quick break from Christmas prep for the moment and share with you some little "stocking stuffers" that I've made recently.


Remember back in October, when I showed you how to make an ornament from a mateless baby sock?  Well, the ornament above is in the same vein; it's made from a mateless toddler mitten.  What is is about socks and mittens, anyway?  They are so easy to lose.

I doctored up this mitten up by sewing a button onto it.  I then covered the button with a fussy-cut circle from the Crate "Peppermint" paper line and adhered the circle to the button.  I covered the "candy" with a piece of cellophane (cut from product packaging) and twisted the cellophane to look like a candy wrapper.  A piece of old shoelace serves as an ornament hanger.  I filled the mitten with  Christmas candy, so it serves double duty as both an ornament and a gift holder.  It is part of the peppermint gift ensemble that you see in the photo below.  (You may remember the gift jar from another post.)  ETA: This peppermint gift set was published in the December, 2012, issue of Scrap n' Art e-zine. 


Ornaments can also serve double duty in a different way; they can serve as gift tags.  I made a rocket ship ornament (seen in the two photos below) for my husband Scott using pieces of the October Afternoon "Rocket Age" chipboard album.



The alpha-numeric stickers are also from OA, the alien stickers are from Bo Bunny, and the star stickers are from Reminisce.

Of course, I've still been making my juice lid ornaments.  They can also work as gift tags.  If you're not sick of seeing my juice lid ornaments by now, I'll end this post by sharing a cute one I recently created (photo below).  The star paper is from OA, the Santa sticker is from Reminisce, the mini alphas are from Crate, and the chipboard star is from DCWV.  Happy holidays!


2 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Adorable projects! That mitten idea is just so cute and clever!

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh these are absolutely adorable!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and here's to a fantastic 2012!!