Supplies: woodgrain paper (Authentique), quilt patterned paper (Lily Bee), striped and dotted papers (My Mind's Eye), tan patterned paper (Graphic 45), corrugated cardboard (upcycled), foam flower sticker used as stamp (Darice), ink (Versa Mark), journaling cards (October Afternoon), brown alphabet & star stickers (Jillibean Soup), mini alphabet stickers (Lily Bee), flower stickers (My Mind's Eye), buttons (October Afternoon), twine (vintage), thread (DMC), die cuts (October Afternoon), pen (Zig).
With the layout above, I'm playing along with this month's Scrap-it-Lah challenge. There are three guidelines to follow for this challenge:
- include journaling cards/tags--though they need not be used for journaling
- include stamping and/or embossing
- include at least six layers
To fulfill the first requirement, I used two journaling cards (see photo above). The one on the right houses my title: "October on the Farm." (Yes, it's another layout about the Gibbs farm. Pretty soon my blog readers are going to feel like they have actually been to this farm, since they've seen so many photos of it!) On the left-hand card is my journaling, which reads "Fire-colored flowers...a cute scarecrow...golden sunlight...all these things make my heart smile. The Gibbs farm is the best place to spend an autumn afternoon."
To fulfill the second requirement, I stamped flower images all over my base paper (see above photo). I adhered a foam flower sticker to a wooden stamp base and stamped with the sticker. For variety, I made some images darker (more ink) and other images lighter (less ink). As you can see, the flower sticker I used was green...but by the time I was done stamping all over my paper, it had turned brown from all the ink!
To fulfill the third requirement, I piled on the following layers:
- weathered-looking woodgrain base paper with stamping
- tan patterned paper
- quilt patterned paper
- striped patterned paper
- corrugated cardboard ripped from an old box
- more quilt paper...I glued this to the cardboard, then I ripped some of it back off to reveal the cardboard underneath
- polka-dotted paper
- flower stickers embellished with button
With all these layers, I was going for a homespun, weathered look--the type of look you would associate with a farmhouse or a barn.
Here are a few more closeup shots (below).
a shot of some of the layers--I love that the b-side
of the quilt paper is visible in some of the torn places
I twisted together brown twine and red embroidery
floss for a DIY version of baker's twine.
a little charm made of die cuts,
a star sticker, and more DIY baker's twine
another view of some of the flower stamping
I just discovered Scrap-it-Lah recently, and this is the first time I've played along. It won't be the last time, though! I love their creative, artsy challenges. In fact, I plan to go back and try some of their older challenges, just for fun.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!