Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wedding Layout: Love Birds


ETA:  This layout was published in the June 2012 issue of Scrap n' Art e-zine!

I've written before about my love for the "Country Drive" line from Echo Park.  One of the things I love most about the line is its abundance of cute little bird images.  They make me think of "love birds."  So, these papers seem like a great fit for a wedding layout.

Supplies: Echo Park patterned paper; Echo Park alphabet stickers; October Afternoon decorative stickers; Ellison scalloped die cut; My Mind's Eye bird/branch die cut; October Afternoon butterfly & heart die cuts; DMC thread; Zig pens; Petaloo rhinestones.

The title of my layout is "Vows."  I wrote the text of my husband's and my wedding vows on the 6x6" "Birds on a Wire" paper.  The "wires" provided lines, so it seemed like the perfect place to journal.  Below is a closeup.


The text reads: "To you I offer my life.  I offer you my body.  I offer my strength.  I offer my support.  I offer my loyalty.  I offer my hope.  I offer my love in all the changing circumstances of life, as long as we both shall live."  After all these years, I still love those words.  My mother-in-law found them somewhere, and she suggested that Scott and I use them as our wedding vows.  They're a bit more modern-sounding than the traditional vows ("to have and to hold," etc., etc.), but they're not too weird or unusual.  To keep the long block of text from looking monotonous, I wrote some of the important words in different colors of ink.  I think the cute little birdies also help add interest to the long block of text.


This page contains a lot of die-cuts.  The only die cut I made by hand is the scalloped circle (above), which I made on the Ellison machine at my LSS.  I cut the circle from a piece of 12x12" "Birds on a Wire" paper, making sure to cut it so that two birds facing each other would be at the top of the circle.  I tucked the rest of the circle beneath the block of blue paper, in order to leave the emphasis on the two "lovebirds."

The rest of the die cuts on the layout were purchased as-is.  The butterfly and the hearts come from the "flower sack" bag of die cuts in the October Afternoon "Sidewalks" line.  I arranged the hearts into a banner on a piece of thread.


The banners that house my title letters (seen in the photo above) are also from the October Afternoon "Sidewalks" line.  They come from the "Little Flyers" kit.  The alphabet stickers are from the old Echo Park "Everybody Loves Christmas" line.  I'm a firm believer that Christmas products need not be used on Christmas pages.  I also believe the reverse is true.  That is, Christmas layouts need not be made with Christmas-specific products.  In fact, my next post will be about Christmas projects created with non-Christmas supplies.  But I'm getting ahead of myself...I'll talk more about Christmas in my next post.  For now, I want to thank you, as always, for your visit to my blog.  See you again soon!     

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is lovely i like how you have used the text and a lovely heart banner.
byebye,Lean

BabyBokChoy said...

I love the colors and your unique way of journaling on this layout!! cute cute cute!!