Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Week in the Life (SATW & OUAS)

Did you ever see the movie Framed?  It's one of my favorites.  In the film, a teenaged girl takes a photo of her baby brother every day for a month, in order to make an art piece that documents his growth.  With modern technology at my fingertips, I thought it would be fun to do something similar, taking a photo of myself every day for seven days in a row, then making a "week in the life" scrapbook page.  Unlike the baby in Framed, I of course did not grow or change much, but it was still interesting to chronicle the ups and downs of my week.


I took the photos in February, but I wasn't immediately sure how I would scrapbook them.  Finally, inspiration came to me in the form of a sketch from Once Upon A Sketch and a mood board from Scrap around the World.  Here is the sketch...

image source: http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-challenge.html

...and here is the mood board.

image source: http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-2014-challenge-13-celebratory-mood.html

In playing along with Scrap Around The World, I used the mood board in a number of ways.  First of all, I absolutely loved the overall color combo of red, pink, yellow, aqua/mint, black, and white, so all those colors appear on my page.

~journaling about what I did during the week and how I had a mix of good & bad days~

You gotta love the cute ribbon bows and the shiny elements in the inspo board, right?  I also used ribbons bows on my layout, plus I added some shine to my page by using rhinestones and paper clips.


I liked the multi-colored letters in the mood board's word art, so I made sure to use multi-colored letter stickers in my title work.


The repeated round shapes of the balloons on the mood board inspired me to also repeat a circle motif.  In my case, I accomplished this by using round label stickers.


The way that the gift boxes in the mood board were stacked, so that each just barely peeked out from the one above it, appealed to me.  I mimicked this look with my layered patterned papers.


And there we have it--a page that captures the ups and downs of a typical week in my life.  I enjoyed making it, and I hope you liked seeing it. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

13 comments:

Svjetlana said...

Such a cheerful project and fabulous page.

zuziucha said...

I always admire layouts with handwritten journalling. I never do it cos my handwriting is terrible. I love your journalling! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at SATW.

Terhi Koskinen said...

So much to see here on your page, it's absolutely lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW <3

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oooooooh, Denise! I absolutely LOVE your wonderful and creative page! Your take on both of these challenges/sketch is simply awesome, my friend!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!! What a gorgeous color scheme! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is sooo clever & a fabulous idea...& our OUAS sketch works perfectly for it...love your brights, too...thanks for playing along this month:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! This page is just too fun! I love all the patterned paper and the torn edges. Awesome job with the detailed embellishment placement and stamping. I need to create more pages like this. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Karita said...

WOW! Beautiful layout! Great design with lots of great details!
Thank you for playing at SATW!

langeatheart said...

Great page! Love the torn paper and all the colors. You obviously put a lot of effect into this! Thanks for playing along with SATW! :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how colourful your page are and I think it is awesome to be able to record a week in your life.

Val-Belle said...

Denise this is such a great idea. I love the selfies and that you did them no matter what. This is such a fun vibrant layout. The colours work great together. Love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

Halle said...

What a great page!

Ella Swan said...

I really LOVE how you handled our mood board Denise & so sorry I couldn't comment on it earlier. It was such a busy event & since then I have had a number of personal setbacks & busy DT goings on. It really is fabulous & your bows, glittery elements & awesome mix of prints make for a truly smashing documentation! I LOVE your concept of a week of selfies too!!