Monday, June 10, 2013

10 on the 10th: Basic Grey

It's the tenth of the month, so it's time for the latest installment of "10 on the 10th," my year-long destashing endeavor.  This time around I worked with my Basic Grey stash, and I mostly made cards.

Project 1: all paper and decorative stickers by Basic Grey; alphabet stickers by October Afternoon.

The first project, however, was a May Day basket.  Next up come four Mother's Day cards. 

Project 2: cardstock by Pulp; fussy cut papers by Basic Grey; newsprint by Bazzill; tape by Scotch/3M; stickers by Lily Bee; corner punch by Creative Memories.

The first Mother's Day card is one I made for my mom.

Project 3: cardstock by Pulp; fussy cut papers by Basic Grey; newsprint by Bazzill; tape by Scotch/3M; stickers by Lily Bee; corner punch by Creative Memories.

Next, I made a similar card for my husband's mom.

Project 4: cardstock by Pulp; all papers by Basic Grey; tape by Scotch/3M; orange stickers by Lily Bee; green stickers by October Afternoon; corner punch by Creative Memories.

I varied the design and color slightly to make a card for my husband's step-mother.

Project 5: cardstock by Pulp; all papers by Basic Grey; tape by Scotch/3M; black stickers by Lily Bee; other stickers by October Afternoon; corner punch by Creative Memories.

And I varied the design and color again to create a card for my son's god mother.

Project 6: cardstock by Pioneer; designer papers & kite sticker by Basic Grey; alphabet stickers by Doodlebug; faux brad by Candi; thread by DMC; beads from my stash; ink by Hero Arts; paint by Ranger.

After making all those Mother's Day cards, I turned my attention to making end-of-the-school-year cards for my son's teachers.

Project 7: patterned cardstock by Neenah Paper; ink by Ranger; all decorative stickers by Basic Grey; alphabet stickers by Lily Bee.

It was fun to use the summery icon stickers from Basic Grey's old PB&J collection.

Project 8: cardstock by Wausau Paper; patterned paper by Basic Grey; burlap by Canvas Corp.; tape by 3M/Scotch; stamps by My Mind's Eye; ink by Hero Arts; alphabet stickers by Lily Bee; thread by DMC; felt from my stash.

By this time I was ready to create something totally different, for an occasion not spring- or summer-related.  And different is definitely what I achieved with my neon-meets-grunge Christmas card!  At first I didn't like it, but it grew on me, and now I love it.  Sometimes, different is good.  :)

Project 9: previously blogged here.

My final two projects are layouts, both of which turned out to be pet-related.

Project 10: previously blogged here.

I did a lot of fun experimentation with both the cat page and the iguana page, and I'm pleased with how they both turned out.

I'm also pleased with the number of cards I was able to create.  Since starting this destashing project, I have made more cards than ever before.  And yet, I don't seem to be able to lay in a supply of cards.  As soon as I make a card, I send it out in the mail.   

So, I'm going to end this post with a question for all you card-makers out there.  Will I ever reach a point where I have extra cards made ahead of time, so that I'll just be able to grab one when I need one?  Or will I always be making cards as I need them?  I suspect that the latter scenario is my fate, but I want to hear what everyone has to say on this matter.  Thanks in advance for your input and advice!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Happy Lizard layout. Especially the addition of the red eyelet trim. I mean what a juxtaposition a lizard and eyelet! So fun!

Unknown said...

You have been busy beautiful work!
byebye,Lean

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a wonderful collection of work, Denise. Love the idea of layering washi over a text paper and using it as a backdrop for a title or sentiment.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Again you have done so well with destashing. I love all your cards and projects.

Angi Barrs said...

Fab projects! Love that happy basket!

Carol L said...

Great layout and cards. I especially love the necklace behind the godmother's card - such a nice touch! I always have a stash of cards on hand, but usually when someone wants to buy one, they want something other than what I have made:) Murphy's law!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow so many wonderful projects! I have a stock pile only because I can't get enough of playing in card challenges... but sometimes I find that I don't have the right sentiment that I want for a specific event so it's back to the drawing board hehehe!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Awesome de-stashing and awesome projects! Inspires me to get moving!

Mary Jo said...

Wonderful job using your stash!
I really like how you are using a different theme or manufacturer each month.
I have a small stash of cards. I try to make cards with scraps leftover from layouts.
But not always.

juscrap said...

Fab projects Denise! Love that happy basket! xoxo

Darnell said...

First of all, thank you, for the loads and loads of inspiration from all these glorious cards, Denise!

It's hard to say if you'll get to a point where you have a stash of cards built up. One would think so with all your productive energy, but I suspect you are a kind person who remembers everyone's special occasion or even just sends a card to let someone know you're thinking of them.

I will build up a stash and then it seems like a month is full of birthdays or illnesses and I use them all up. I think it would kill my mojo if I just built up a huge stash, you know, so it's prolly best that you do use them up quickly.

My 2cents!! Take care! Darnell

Denise Price said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, ladies, for your kind comments and your input!!! The general consensus seems to be that even if it's possible to build up a stockpile of cards, it doesn't mean that you'll have just the right card at the right time. Glad I'm not alone in feeling this way!

Patricia said...

what a wonderful job !!!

Denise van Deventer said...

LOL....you have been a busy lady and so loving your cards! Really great! I alsio try and create enought cards for any occassion, but sometimes it's just not possible!

sannalippert said...

thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment! really like your mother´s day cards!! xoxo, Sanna