Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Special Occasion Necklace

Many of the projects in my last post incorporated beads and beading components.  You see, I'm a bit bead-crazy at the moment.  Earlier this spring there were two big bead shows in the Twin Cities, and I attended both.  Paper crafting projects are not the only place where I'm using my new beads; today I want to share with you a recent jewelry project.


Here is a necklace featuring my favorite color--red.  I used glass beads in a variety of shapes and sizes.


This necklace is a bit fancier than other necklaces that I have made.  I've already had the chance to use it a few times as a "special occasion" necklace.


The focal bead has a unique internal structure with interesting highlights and lowlights.  


I always add a bit of decoration around the clasp.  Since I often wear my hair up, I like the clasp to be a sort of secondary focal area.


Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog today.  Hope you've enjoyed seeing a project that is a bit different.  In my next post I'll be back to paper crafting.  :)

12 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful, Denise! I love the red with the white pearl beads. So pretty!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love seeing other projects that crafty people make :)

Carol L said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous necklace and you modeled it perfectly :) NJ!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so beautiful, Denise. You are so talented!

Unknown said...

The length is very flattering on you and I love the dangling red bead. Very cool!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeus Denise....the red colouring is really super! Beautiful!

Aline Fonseca said...

Very pretty necklace!
So cute!
:)

Mary Jo said...

So pretty! Love how you photographed it :)

Dawn said...

A beautiful necklace Denise! Love the colours and the focal bead is really pretty. Great photo - so clever and creative to make it into a heart shape!

Hugs, Dawn

Sandy Ang said...

it looks fab ! I just started making accessories and it's so fun

Unknown said...

Super pretty!

Chantalle said...

That is wonderful! You are just a little bit clever!