|Project 1: Popsicle paper by Bella Blvd; all other papers from Jillibean soup; stickers from Lily Bee; flowers & button from Olla Podrida; pen from Zig; twine from Crystal palace; scrap of eyelet lace.|
Upon seeing my card, my husband surprised me by asking why I put an image of a USB drive on a summer card. You know, he was on to something. That Popsicle image can double as a USB drive image! Thus was born my next project, a layout called "Tech Guy."
Next I moved on to some Jillibean projects. Jillibean has a number of signature elements, one of which is their hexagon labels. Those labels played a vital role in this next layout, "Catan Fan."
|Project 3: cardstock from Wausau Paper; star paper, banners, & hexagon labels from Jillibean Soup; brown patterned paper & stamps from My Mind's Eye; tag from Crate; tickets & journaling paper from October Afternoon; alpha-numeric stickers & all other papers from Lily Bee; ink from Hero Arts; buttons from Olla Podrida; household twine; upcycled game cards.|
Kraft paper is another staple in the Jillibean lineup, and I let kraft paper play a starring role in this card.
|Project 4: previously blogged here|
But Jillibean is not known only for its kraft paper; it's also known for its bright, colorful patterns, like the watermelon pattern in this next card.
|Project 5: seed packet tag from Imaginisce; all other paper from Jillibean Soup; stickers from Lily Bee; beads & beading twine from Beadniks; thread from DMC; doily from Royal Consumer Products; aida cloth from Charles Crafts; ink from Tsukineko; vintage Czech sequin from Beads by Dee.|
For my next card, I combined Jilibean Kraft with Jillibean color. I also recycled the string that the beads from the previous card were sold on. (This string is not strong enough for use in jewelry projects, but it makes a nice addition to paper projects.)
|Project 6: kraft, floral, & star papers from Jillibean Soup; alphabet stickers, scalloped die cut, & red paper strip from Lily Bee; butterfly chipboard (used as template) from DCWV; ink from Hero Arts; upcycled twine.|
Moving on to Lily Bee projects, we first have this love card, which I blogged about last month. I'm so excited, because this card won Lily Bee's April challenge!!! Thanks for featuring me, Lily Bee.
|Project 7: previously blogged here|
One often reads in craft magazines that, after making a layout, it is a good idea to use the scraps to make a card. Well, I did the opposite here. I used the scraps from my card above (plus some scraps from other recently-created projects) to make a layout!
I noticed that I had a lot of yellow scraps among my Lily Bee supplies, so I combined them all on one layout, called "My Honey Bee."
This was such a successful de-stash that by the end of it I barely had any paper left in my "Girl Names" file. However, I did have plenty of Lily Bee alphas left, so I used those in my final project, a tag mini book.
|Project 10: previously blogged here|
And that's it for today--ten projects, done and dusted! This month I'm working with my Basic Grey file, and the results of that de-stashing will appear on my blog on the tenth of June. Thanks for visiting my blog today! Have a great weekend!!!