Thursday, November 1, 2012

Remember September

Hello, everyone!  Do you ever feel like time is moving super-fast?  To me, it seems like just yesterday that the new school year started.  But in reality school has actually been in session for a couple months now in Minnesota!

Today I have the opportunity to share with you a layout that I had published in the September 2012 issue of Scrap n' Art magazine.  That issue had a back-to-school theme, and I created a page about a certain month in my son's education.  

Supplies: border stickers & cross-hatched yellow paper by Bella Blvd; red patterned paper, flag, die cuts, chipboard, rub ons, and "N" sticker by October Afternoon; number-grid patterned paper by Pink Paislee; manuscript paper by My Mind's Eye; yellow brickwork patterned paper by Bo Bunny; mini alphabet stickers by Lily Bee Design; corner punch by Creative Memories; ink by Stewart Superior; thread by DMC; pen by Zig.

With a nod to ABC books, I titled my page "N is for Numbers and Neighborhoods."  I filled the page with school-related memorabilia (including the reproduction library record card seen in the photo below) from various October Afternoon collections.


The flag tucked behind the library record card is also from October Afternoon.  It is one of their "Little Flyers" flags.  These flags come with natural wood-colored flagpoles, but I altered this one with a black Zig pen, so that it would better coordinate with the other colors on my page.


The journaling reads: "There were two special events at school this month: a family Bingo night (to learn about numbers) and a mural project (to learn about neighborhoods)."  I have to say, though, that the neighbordhood depicted in the kids' mural is nothing like our actual neighborhood.  We only have one McDonald's restaurant (instead of the three depicted), and we don't have any saguaro cacti--they would not survive the snow, LOL.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my work for Scrap n' Art.  Their November issue just came out today, so be sure to check it out if you have not already done so!

7 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Congratulations, Denise! And Congratulations again for having a project published this month of November 2012 too.

I'm glad to be back with Scrap n' Art again this month. It's been a while.

Thank you so much for such sweet comments you left on my blog. Can't wait for the said event to come. I'm a bit nervouse just thinking about it being my 1st Make n Take Booth. =)

Bellaidea said...

cute one!

Carol L said...

Congratulations (again) for having this great page published! I love all the numbers and embellishments! This is a great page in the journey of your dear son's life :)

Dani Cristina said...

His work is more creative every day!
I love it.
This gorgeous layout.

Patricia said...

a beautiful page again.. bravo!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Such a beautiful page...congratulations.

Ella Swan said...

Congrats on another SAA publication & great page!!