Thursday, November 22, 2012

An Autumn Celebration

Hello, everyone!  Today is Thanksgiving, an important autumn holiday in the USA.  I'm looking forward to spending the day with my family and remembering all the things for which I am thankful.

Before I start celebrating today, I want to share with you an autumn layout that I had published in the October issue of Scrapstreet Magazine.  I was very honored by the fact that, besides being featured in an article, this layout also appeared on the issue's table of contents.

Supplies: ledger cardstock & striped paper by Bo Bunny; zigzag paper by Echo Park; floral paper, die cut, alphabet stickers, flag stickers, & button by October Afternoon; chipboard by Studio G; mini alphabet stickers & "a beautiful day" sticker by Bella Blvd; thread by DMC; corner punch by Creative Memories; ink by Tsukineko; photo editing software by digiKam; photo collage software by walgreens.com

Every once in a while, I make a "hybrid" page like this.  For the most part, it is a traditional paper layout.  The "hybrid" part is the computer-created text (on the cornfield photo) and the computer-created collage.  I could achieve the same effects with traditional scrapbooking supplies; it's just easier to get a neat look with the computer.  It also reduces waste, in that I don't have to throw away the scraps that would be created by hand-cropping the photos into a collage.

I have another autumn-themed layout in the current (November) issue of Scrapstreet as well--do check it out at this link, if you get the chance.  In fact, check out the whole issue--it's full of inspiration.  In particular, I'd like to draw your attention to layouts by Mary Jo Rhoda and Lisa Swift, who are frequent commenters here on Green Crafting.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely page you have made again.
Happy thanksgiving byeeee,Lean

Lynette Jacobs said...

You do have a lot of publications, congratulations your layout is lovely.

Patricia said...

very very beautiful page... The colors are amazing...

Ella Swan said...

Congrats Denise!! I love your hybrid layout, gorgeous colours and a grid always looks so neat!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the colors. Vibrant and full of life!