Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Love Christmas Cards, Part Two

ETA: this card set won the final Color Room challenge!

December is a fun time for receiving cards in the mail, and it's a great time for making them, too.

Supplies: red thread & all patterned paper from Canvas Corp.; blue thread from DMC; ink from Hero Arts; stamp from Savvy Stamps; flair badge from Lawn Fawn; Candi dots from Craftwork; tape from Love My Tapes; paint from DecoArt; red stickers from October Afternoon; all other stickers from Echo Park; corner punch from Creative Memories; upcycled bubble wrap & blue wrapping paper.

I loved this month's bright color combo at The Color Room, and I was especially inspired by how TCR design team member Sanna Lippert made three coordinating cards.  As you saw above, I felt compelled to make three cards as well.


Card #1 is a Christmas card.  I got some design ideas from this snack packaging, as far as the overlapping strips go.  :)


Card #2 is a birthday card.  I used one of my current favorite stamps, that cute little penguin.


Card #3 is a Christmas/New Year's card.  People say that penguins can't really fly, but this little penguin flew all the way to Russia...


...to the home of my friend, fellow paper crafter Irina Rakovets.  You can check out her blog to see her post about the handmade card exchange that she and I did this year.  (Thanks again, Irina!!!)


To close out this post, I want to say a special thank you to The Color Room.  This is their final challenge, one of many that has inspired me over the years.  In fact, TCR challenges were the very first ones I ever took part in--even before I had my own blog.  I have loved playing along with TCR, even more so this past year when they added a requirement to use upcycled/household materials for each challenge.  (By the way, did you spot the upcycled scraps of blue wrapping paper on each of my cards?)  TCR girls, thanks for all the wonderful memories and inspiration.  As I said in my OUAS post ("I Love Christmas Cards, Part One") this isn't good bye.  I'm sure I'll still see you ladies around the Internet.  :)

5 comments:

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Thank you very much Denise for this marvelous card and small presents cute !!!! This little penguin is very cute !!! Now it's your card is on my shelf and makes me happy !!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Your cards are super Denise! I love the papers you chose! I definitely love receiving Christmas cards and love giving them too! Hope you had a blessed and joyous Christmas! x

Unknown said...

I loved my Birthday penguin with the little "hi" on his flipper! It seems like a lot of your challenge teams are disbanding. Is there a scrapbooking shake up going on? I hope you find some new challenges to participate in in the new year!

sannalippert said...

awwww...thank you so much! you have just made my day by creating a set of cards that were inspired by something I made. and like for you, TCR was one of the first platforms when I started taking part in challenges, so it has a very special place in my heart! I wish you a very happy New Year and see you around!!! xxx, Sanna

Patricia said...

very funny cards...