Tuesday, June 10, 2014

10 on the 10th: Matchy-Matchy

I was going to begin today by saying that after three consecutive posts with vacation photos and a red/white/blue color scheme, I have something different for you today.  But then I realized, today's post is only sort of different!  The photos I scrapped for today's post are from a different vacation (South Dakota instead of Lake Superior), and the red/white/blue color scheme also has some gold, pink, and aqua/teal thrown in.  I guess it's a variation on a theme.  :)
 
Supplies: 10 on the 10th items (listed below); envelope from Canvas Corp.; corner punch from Creative Memories; stickers from Bella Blvd; Candi dots from Craftwork; pen from Foray; ink from Hero Arts; household stapler.

I made this page about the South Dakota Badlands as one of my "Ten on the Tenth" de-stashing projects.  This vacation was like an unofficial second honeymoon for my husband and me.  I made the layout using "matchy-matchy" supplies, mostly from the Pebbles "From Me to You" paper line.  Here are the ten types of supplies that I used for this "10 on the 10th" project.

~10 items~

items 1 & 2 (cardstock)--gold & teal cardstock from Bazzill

items 3 & 4 (paper)--floral & dotted patterns from Pebbles (flipsides are ledger & text prints)

items 5 & 6 (embellishments)--ribbon from ReStyle & cut-apart cards from Pebbles

items 7 & 8 (non-consumables)--smiley face stamp from All Night Media & flower stamp from Darice

items 9 & 10 (throwaway items)--earring card (tag) & canceled postage stamps
 

As always, I used the ten supplies for this month to create three projects--a scrapbook page, a card, and a use-up-the-scraps project.  You saw the scrapbook page at the top of this post, and in the photo above you see the card that I made.  It's a cheerful, all-purpose card.


For the final project, the one that uses up all the scraps, I made...more cards.  I made six in total, and you can see them all together in the photo shown above.
 

I decorated the insides of some of the cards as well.  These cards have served me well; I have already used a few of them.

That's all from me for today.  I wonder whether my next post will also include vacation photos in some form.  Time will tell.  See you next time.  :)

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always wondered what that double sided scrapbook paper was good for, unless you were doing another spread on the back. Now I see you can make cards using it. That is CLEVER!! Well done, dear friend.

Svjetlana said...

Every time I see pile of my stash, I remember your blog, i should really join in to your challenge and start using up my stash systematically :)
Awesome projects :).

Unknown said...

Wow you sure got a lot done! I love that your third project is to use up all the scraps - I'm a fan of that one.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful job!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great job as always hun! Ive nominated ur blog for award if you want to participate dont have to if you dont want too xx http://wrightcreations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/liebster-blog-award.html

Vicki Miller said...

I always wonder why I can't do scrapbooking, now I know. It's because I never go anywhere to take photos! But I love your pages

Patricia said...

a very good choice of colours...

Halle said...

Love what you do with your "scraps" and throwaway items.
We took a "second honeymoon" to SD too. It was the best trip we've ever taken. That was before kids...
With kids I'd have to go with the Dells. :)