Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scrap n' Art

Do you subscribe to Scrap n' Art?  The latest issue came out on February 1, and I'm honored to have a layout in the "Reader Submissions" article.  Of course, I can't show you that layout on my blog right now.  But I can turn back the clock and show you two layouts that I had published in the November 2012 issue.

Supplies: background paper & alphabet stickers by October Afternoon; Bingo cards & flower sticker by Simple Stories; all other stickers by Bella Blvd; striped & dotted papers by Fancy Pants;  ink by Tsukineko; pen by Zig.

The first page is about a Thanksgiving party, and it's called "Turkey Bingo."  Next up is a different page, called "So Very Thankful," with which I showcased one of my nature photographs.

Supplies: brown cardstock by Fancy Pants; flower sticker & mini orange patterned paper by Echo Park; tan mini patterned paper by Basic Grey; alphabet stickers by Lily Bee; phrase & border stickers by Bella Blvd; all other stickers and papers by Simple Stories.

And now a few detail shots...

handwritten journaling

mixing & matching October Afternoon alphabet stickers


I used foam adhesive to pop up the maple leaf sticker.

I hope you've enjoyed this unexpected glimpse of autumn.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled weather.  :)

16 comments:

Nirupama said...

This is such a precious layout. Those alphas have so much dimension, just from the outlining?

Denise Price said...

Thanks, Nirupama! I didn't do anything special to the alphas, other than outlining them with a plain mechanical pencil. Glad to know that they look good that way!

Carol L said...

Those weather-themed bingo cards look fabulous on your layouts! I've really enjoyed this taste of autumn - my favorite time of the year. And now...back to winter & snow :)

Marilyn said...

So pretty pages Dennis!! love the vibrant colors and lovely details!!! xo

June Houck said...

Super fun! I love how you used the Bingo cards on your lo :)

Patricia said...

bravo.. like verumuch this fall layouts...

juscrap said...

Soo preety pages. Love this colors. hugs

Angi Barrs said...

Congrats on your publication! Your layouts are adorable!

Patchi said...

I love the bold colors in these layouts! Congratulations on you publications and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Unknown said...

О да! Первая страничка очень яркая! красивый синий цвет! Интересные фотографии! а вторая - осень очень приятная и палитра этой странички одна из мною любимых!

Unknown said...

Lovely pages you have made again with cool details.
byebye,Lean

Mary Jo said...

congratulations on your pubs!!

Dana Tatar said...

Great layouts! Congrats on the pubs!

Patricia Roebuck said...

CONGRATS on the pubs!! These are so fun!

BabyBokChoy said...

Congrats on the pub!!! How absolutely exciting!!!!

Ella Swan said...

Congrats Denise! Both of these look great!!