Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This One's for the Guys

I hope that everyone who was celebrating Mother's Day had a great time last weekend!  I sure did.  Now it's time to get ready for Father's Day, which is coming up in June here in the States.  In honor of my husband, who is an awesome daddy to our little boy, I've posted the layout below, which is called "Kung Fu."

Supplies: patterned paper (Lily Bee), large alphabet stickers (Bella Blvd), mini alphabet stickers (Lily Bee), buttons (October Afternoon), die cuts (Lily Bee), pens (Zig).  Design copyright Denise M. Price.

The journaling reads: "My son and husband love practicing kung fu together.  It makes me happy to see them having so much fun with each other."

There are a couple of things that make this layout "green."  First of all, I created it on the back of my "Dino School" layout, in order to get the most out of my background paper.  Second, I used Lily Bee alphabet stickers to spell out my subtitle, "A Joy Shared is a Joy Doubled."  Lily Bee alphas are "green" because you can mix and match them across collections.  On this page I used alphas from the "Handmade" and "Double Dutch" collections.  For more ideas on getting the most out of your alphabet stickers, please see the "infinite alphabets" search term in my word cloud.

Thanks for looking!  I'll be back soon with more seasonal craft ideas.


6 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Very cool Denise! Love the dark base!!

Dani Cristina said...

Oi Denise está linda a sua página!
Eu sempre gosto do modo como compõe as fotos e a escolha dos papéis são sempre perfeitas.
Abraços.

Patricia said...

very very beautiful masculine colors...

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layout Denise. Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise thank you for the congratulations! I loved your blog to know their work is beautiful! kisses

Sarah said...

HI! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I'm returning the love! I LOVE this layout! :-)