Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Use Leftover Beading Supplies on Scrapbook Pages

It's another crafting crossover!!!  In yesterday's post, I mentioned that all the beads I had bought recently were fairly flat.  That's because I've hit upon the idea of using beads as scrapbooking embellishments.  I'm quite excited about this idea!  Take a look at what I've done with it so far...

Supplies: patterned paper (map and blue grid--TPC Studio; fussy-cut butterfly--7 Gypsies), green cardstock (DCWV), letter stickers (Basic Grey), shiny butterfly decal (Dufex), chipboard accent (DCWV), flowers (Petaloo), thread (DMC), wooden beads, assorted turquoise chip beads, 3M adhesive tabs, 3M liquid adhesive.

It all started last week, when I created the layout "Explore--Play" (above) for the latest Color Room challenge.  The color palette was very natural, with shades of blue, green, and brown.  I decided that I wanted to add some natural items to my page, to play up the natural beauty of the color scheme.  So, I carefully removed the rhinestone centers from some Petaloo flowers and glued wooden beads in the flower centers.  The wooden beads are left over from a necklace I created (see photo below) with beads from a few mixes from the Bead Box.  (I mentioned their great bead mixes in yesterday's post.)  To increase the beady goodness of the page, I also sewed a line of turquoise chip beads along the top of my photo strip.

the necklace
I really enjoyed creating this layout, and I plan to incorporate more beads into future layouts very soon.  Of course, I'll be sure to share the results with you on my blog.  For now, I'll leave you with a few detail shots from my "Explore--Play."  Thanks for looking!







No comments: